Friday, February 10, 2006

Whilst waiting for my ship to come in......



You are not going to believe this! I recently resigned my position at the local library because of some health problems I am having. (I worked part-time;did not have health insurance) I knew that I had been paying into the PERS retirement. BUT.....little did I know that I had also been paying into a deferred compensation account.(That's a fancy name for a savings account *grin*) Now, I had to sign up for DFC when I started working at the library, but I just can't remember doing so, though I am not complainin', believe me! Well....I have worked at the library for 7, yes, count them, folks,.......7 years, so, needless to say, I have accumulated a nice chunk of change over those seven years! YEEHAA! I have decided to withdraw it because I do have medical bills that need to be paid. BUT.....I am planning to enjoy some of it, too. Sooooo......after I left the doctor's office yesterday, I went window shopping at Value City. We have such a nice Value City. I have been in others and they are junky and in disarray, but ours is exceptional. Mostly, I looked at the housewares. I found so many little things that I want to get to dress up my house here and there.

Okay, have you ever been tempted to hide something in a department store? You know what I mean...*grin* There is only one of something and you don't have the money on you, no credit card, no checks. So you take the said item and hide it in a place where you just know that no one will find it! Gosh, but I was so tempted to do so yesterday! But I didn't....

I did do this one time when Daniel, my DS, was younger. We went to Ames and he found a pair of glow-in-the-dark baseball sleep pants that he wanted but I didn't have enough money to get them. Sooooo.....we stashed them behind a stack of jeans until we could go home and get more money. And, yes, they were still there when we returned! Yessss!

And another thing.......Value City's layaway department is now DEFUNCT! What's up with that? I love layaway! I have been known to put a thing or thirty in layaway. That way, if you don't have enough money at the time you see something that you REALLY want, you can put it in layaway and know that you are going to get the item/s eventually. Then the day comes when you go in and pickup your layaway. *sigh* That's a nice feeling......

I think I see my little ship out there on the horizon.......

No comments: