Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Me? Stressed?

I don't consider myself to be stressed. How about you? Do you think you are fairly composed and calm and all? Wellllll.....my heart rate has been high for about the past week hovering between 92 and 120 bpm. I have not been sleeping very well at nigh. Then yesterday morning it went to 132bpm. I was also feeling some tingling in my hands and arms. Soooo......I checked my blood pressure and it was 185/120. Trying to remain calm, I called Ed, my DH, and told him the news. I then called my DF, Tina. She came over and once Ed came home, we decided that I should go to the ER and get checked out. To make a long story short, all of the tests came back normal. (It isn't often the word "normal" is associated with me in any way, shape, or form. *feeble smile*) This was a big relief as I had been concerned about my sugar and cholestrol and such. Anywayyyy.....the doctor said that my blood gases were a little off and he diagnosed me with stress and hyper-ventilation. I told them that I had not been gasping for air, breathing into a paper bag, or anything even resembling that, but the doctor said that respirations over 20 per minute could cause this. He went on to say that hyperventilating can cause rapid heart rate, high blood pressure and so on. He prescribed a tranquilizer and sent me on my way, making me promise to call my family physician and see him in 2 or 3 days, which I have already done. (patting myself on the back) Sooooooo.......since leaving the ER, I have been doing some serious self-examination about what I might be stressing out about. *HUGE SIGHHHHHH* To be continued........

"Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid. " John 14:27

No comments: