Thursday, February 16, 2006

Change doesn't come easy......

....especially in this empty nest. Daniel's room, or should I say, Daniel's old room is done completely in Ohio State decor. I mean....folks.....we are talking down to the scarlet and gray plaid carpet on the floor here? I made Ohio State logo curtains for the windows even, back when you could still buy it. The walls are gray, trim white and the Ohio State Logo (upper right hand corner here) border around the middle of the room. There are various pennants on the walls. OSU clock. Newspaper clippings laminated and on the walls. All kinds of OSU memorabilia and whatnots. You get the idea....

So how do I begin to redecorate this empty nest? Just jump in with both feet and do it? That would probably be best. I haven't touched the room since he left on December 16 except to put some stuff in there for lack of space any where else.

I was able to put this off for awhile because of my back problems, but now that I am getting better, I realize that I am going to have to start somewhere. I mean, we have a perfectly good room here going to waste. We have thought of making it into a den. The walls would be a dark country green and we thought of installing one of the new inlaid wood floors. And we thought of putting a small fireplace in there, too.

Perhaps the sooner we get started, the better? Yep, that is what I was thinking, too. Can you tell I am trying to talk myself into this? It just seems so, so....I don't know.....strange, I guess, that he won't ever, ever be sleeping in his bed in his room here again.

Alright, alright already........I'm getting the scissors........the new ones I just bought.......I have to be sure and cut these apron strings cleanly.

(I wonder if anyone has paint on sale? And I'm not sure about the wood floor. I think carpet would be much cozier. I'm starting to get excited here just thinking about the possibilites.....and then there are the window coverings to think about.....)

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do the Den thing and get the fireplace. We love our fireplace

Tony

The Muffin said...

lol. i remember the buckeye shrine from when i came to visit. thats funny. yup, i get out presidents day. GOING TO INDIANA FOR THE LONG WEEKEND!!!

Jewel said...

And who lives in Indiana, pray tell, that you are going to see? Tell me, tell me!!

Jewel said...

Yes, the den thing is looking better and better. I've always wanted a fireplace, too. I love that little woodburner/fireplace thingy that Troy and Leigh have in their new house. Have you seen it??

MotherT said...

Check out Sherwin Williams for good paint sales. I think that hardwood floors are the best. Have fun redecorating your new "empty" room.

The Muffin said...

nobody. just dad has the sunday school conference and we are going on Vay-Cay!!! WOOHOO!!

Jewel said...

Wellllllll.....this sounds like a great opportunity to possibly check out the male availabilities in the Indiana District, Rebecca! Make me proud, girl! Take notes! (on the guys that is!) I know how it is. I used to be young and single, you know, but I am so thankful that I am not any longer. Thank you, Lord Jesus.