Saturday, June 27, 2009

Busy week, busy day today

Little Jaylon has been a pretty sick little guy this week. He's had a high temperature (the highest was almost 104) and intestinal flu. Daniel and Erin took him to Urgent Care Wednesday evening where they diagnosed him with C-diff, which is highly contagious, so we've been doing the hand-washing double time and using hand sanitizer more so than usual. They then took him to his doctor Thursday morning for a follow-up.

He's doing much better as he was laughing yesterday and playing and ate his baby food for the first time this week. Boy, did he eat! :-) I'm thankful that he's been good to still take a bottle and also take pedialyte in his bottle because I was concerned about him being dehydrated.

It is really difficult to see them so sick and just be limp and want to be held or just lay. But we've done all we can for him and he has wanted to be held alot, which we don't mind doing at all :-).




Today is a busy day!! I'm so thankful it is going to be a beautiful day! I have a funeral to attend at 11am. A wedding to play and sing for at 2pm. And a birthday party/fish fry for my one remaining uncle at 4pm. As I just typed that, I realized that Uncle Larry is my only living uncle! Wow! You know what that means, don't you? (Let's not mention it,k? *grin*)

Oh brother! Ed just said, after I told him about Uncle Larry...."Well, hey, I just realized I'm your one remaining husband!" Oh, ha ha. Very funny. *grin*

Sooo, I had better get off of here and get with it! I'm taking fruit salad to the fish fry. And I'll type really fast so I can give you that recipe!!

Fruit Salad

1 can of pineapple chunks (reserve the juice)
1 can of mandarin oranges (reserve the juice)
1-2 bananas sliced and mixed with a little lemon juice so they won't darken.
3 kiwi, peeled and cut into pieces
1 1lb. container of strawberries cored and sliced
Purple seedless grapes....as many as you like :-)
1 container of blueberries fresh, not frozen
I sometimes add maraschino cherries, too, drained thoroughly and halved.
1 small package of vanilla instant pudding. (You an use sugar free and it is just as good.)
Mix all of the fruit together in a big bowl.
Mix the vanilla pudding mix in the pineapple and orange juice thoroughly. Pour over the fruit and mix well. Chill one hour before serving.
I've never cared for fruit salad as I don't like tart fruit and sugar just didn't seem to do the trick, but the pudding mix and fruit juice over this is wonderful and does it for me!!! and it is absolutely lovely, too!! so many pretty colors mixed together!!
Have a great weekend everyone!! Oh, I'll post a picture of the fruit salad later!!

4 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Man, he is getting so big! Glad he is on the mend.

I have that recipe! It is fabulous stuff!!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Barbara H. said...

Glad Jaylon's feeling better. Wow, you have a super-busy day!

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

Jaylon is getting so big. I can relate to the hectic day, for I had on myself today.

Jewel said...

Hi Everyone! It is Monday and I survived Saturday! Well, more than survived! It was a great day!
It IS fabulous stuff, hm, Mrs. NB!!!
Hi Barbara, I'll be over to see you in a few! *smile*
Hi Sir! Well, I just have to come over and see if you blogged about your busy Saturday!!!
Have a great week everyone!!