Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Weigh-in day!!


Okay....are you ready for this? I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 4 1/2lbs.!! That is good for my first week and I know that that will probably not happen again anytime soon but I am determined to get some of this weight off and feel better.
AND I can hardly believe how much better I feel already. Actually, I felt better after just two days of eating better. I haven't felt so sluggish and tired and draggy. I mean, it's worth it just to feel so much better.
I've also been exercising a little. Ed and I have been taking short walks and I've been doing minimal upper and lower body exercises. But they do really help me to feel better and my range of motion is getting so much better.
I HAVE to get in better shape! I've got a grandbaby that is going to be crawling and walking before long!!! *smile*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Speaking of grandbaby......he has three teeth now!! He's had his two lower teeth for about a month now and his top tooth.......I believe it is an eye tooth....broke through last week. I

just can't begin to say what a joy and blessing little Jaylon is to us. It's just unbeliveable. Pawpaw Luke stopped by this morning and did Jaylon ever light up!! *smile* He is soooo loved!
Here's a picture of him and his daddy, MY baby! *smile*

4 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

I see we are both talking teeth today. :0)

Congrats on the weight loss!!!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Barbara H. said...

Congratulations on losing weight!

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

I found 4 1/2 pounds. It must be yours. Do you want it back?

Jewel said...

thanks for the congrats, ladies!! I press on! *smile*
I had to think for a minute about what you meant by "we're talking teeth" meant, Mrs. NB, and then I remembered your little guy just lost his first one! (I can be slow like that! *feeble grin*).
And noooooooooo, Sir, I do not want them back!!
I figure the 4 1/2 lbs. is comparable to a tub of margarine with 4 sticks of butter thrown in! *whew* I'm glad to be rid of that! *smile*