Saturday, June 13, 2009

Saturday 9: Games People Play

I saw this Saturday Meme at Barbara's blog and thought it looked like fun!

Saturday 9 is hosted at Crazy Sam’s. There is a Mr. Linky there if you’d like to join in or see others’ answers.

Saturday 9: Games People Play

1. What was your favorite active game as a child?
Statue: One person would be the "swinger" and would swing each child around and then let them go. The "swinger" would say what kind of pose they were looking for: pretty, funny, etc. We would try to land in a unique pose, be a statue. The "swinger" would pick the best pose. The winner got to be the next "swinger".

2. What was your favorite board game as a child?
Monopoly. We had an older half-brother that bought us our first Monopoly game and we used to sit at the kitchen table, playing Monopoly late into the night. Wonderful memories. Daniel and I used to have an on-going game of Monopoly during the winter months when he was still home.

3. Tell us about a friend you played these games with in your youth.
I always played these games with my siblings. Two sisters/two brothers. And, once in awhile, neighboring kids. We lived in the country.

4. What is your favorite card game?
Euchre

5. What board games do you enjoy now?
Bible Trivia, when I have sometime to play it with.

6. Do you play video games?
Which ones?
Not since our son got married and moved. He took them with him.
I used to be addicted to play Tetris.

7. Tell us about the friends you play games with now.
We play Euchre with our son and daughter-in-law and do we have a time! Daniel keeps a running acount of how many games each team has won. They are four up on us (me and Ed) at the present time.
Also, we occasionally have game/pizza nights at church and the last time we did this, I played Bible Trivia with my husband, our pastor and another man from our church. We had soooo much fun and about died laughing! It was a great time. Oh, and I played Scrabble with two elderly ladies from our congregation. That was really fun, too!!!

8. Do you play any sports now?
Hellooooooo. Uhhh, that would be a no. LOL Unless housework or watching the grandbaby is considered a sport! The way I am out of breath sometimes, you might think they were!!! *smile*
9. What’s your favorite sport to watch?
Ohio State football!!!! Go Bucks!

2 comments:

Barbara H. said...

Oh, I remember statue now! That was a favorite.

I've never heard of Euchre.

I love Bible trivia.

Jewel said...

I think I described how it was played, correctly. I loved playing that game...as I said. *grin*
Euchre is a card game. It is addictive!
Yes, I love Bible Trivia, too, but I seldom have anyone to play it with me! Too bad we don't live closer together,hm? *smile*