Monday, June 15, 2009

Good Monday Morning to you all!!

It has been a wonderful two days over the weekend and now that Monday morning is here, we have the boy once again. He is asleep in grandma's bed at the present time. I'm looking forward to him waking up so I can talk to him and play with him. My friend, Pat, said she didn't think I had posted this picture of Jaylon, so here it is for your viewing pleasure!! *smile* (You know how we grandmas are!)


I went to Walmart Vision Center Saturday morning for an eye examination and new glasses. I definitely needed new lenses but Dr. Stein said that that was just a normal progression that comes with age. Argh. I have had the same frames for almost ten years and he suggested that I get new frames, soooooooo, I had the arduous task of picking new ones out. Argh, again. It is so hard for me to make decisions sometimes and this was definitely one of those times. I had even been going into the vision center on occasion during the past month to try on frames so I would know what I wanted when I DID go for my exam, if new frames were advised.
Once again, on Saturday morning, even after the previous visits, I tried on frame after frame and always kept coming back to this one pair that is quite different from what I have been wearing. The technician suggested a few styles but I kept going back to the same frame, so I finally took the plunge and said, "These are it." (Ed was so relieved.) (And so was his wallet or should I say our bank account? Triple argh.) So, I will post a picture when I get the new glasses. It will be so nice to be able to read small print again! *smile*




2 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

What a precious picture!!!

And, I can't wait to see your glasses. I need to go to the eye doctor this summer. I have never needed glasses, but I think they are calling my name right now. I am not looking forward to them.

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Jewel said...

Thanks, Mrs. NB! I've had to wear glasses fulltime since I began working at the library in 1999. Before that, I only wore them occasionally. Now that I use the computer alot more and read more, I really need them! Actually, I wear them until I lay my head down at night and put them on as soon as my feet hit the floor! *smile*