Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Becky's graduation party!

After church Sunday morning, Ed and I came home, had a light lunch, rested a bit, and then headed for Mt. Vernon, where we were going to attend Becky's graduation party after service that evening. Mt. Vernon Apostolic Church is such an awesome church. We just love these folks! We arrived about an hour early, so we got to spend some great time visiting with Ross and Theresa Hines who have blogs here and here, respectively.

By the time service was over, I was feeling some hunger pangs and not being a big sweets-eater, I told Ed that I hoped they were serving some protein at this party! And they did! Thank you, Jesus!! The refreshments were wonderful! They even had a chocolate fountain, which was beautiful but I did not partake of it. No, I loaded up on the sandwiches and chips, thank you very much. *smile* Okay, I did have a piece of cake, but the sandwiches were delish.

As is pretty typical for most graduation gifts, we gave Becky money. Soooo, we got this neat idea of slipping just a one dollar bill into the money card, while folding up the "real" gift and tucking it into the bottom of the card, just letting the one dollar bill show. Think we could fool, Becky? Not for a minute! *smile* She slowly pulled out the one-dollar bill and gradually opened the card further to see if there was "more"! Still, it was funny! Charity, her mother, told us earlier that Becky was not easily fooled by things like that and she was right!!! *smile*
As we were driving to Mt. Vernon Sunday afternoon and then driving home later that night, Ed and I just enjoyed one another's company so much, sharing conversation and memories, sipping on coffee, enjoying the drive together. More than once, the thought crossed my mind that I just don't know what I would do without him. He's my best friend. I love his company. We share the best of times together and the difficult times. I love this time in our lives. I thank the Lord every day for this wonderful husband that he has given to me. We've been through so many things together. Oh, there have been times when we wondered if we WOULD make it through, but with the help of the Lord we did and it has been worth it all. We are truly enjoying the best years of our lives together. And, now, with the addition of little Jaylon, it's just gotten even better! *smile* We had little Jaylon in his Bumbi seat on the kitchen table yesterday afternoon and Ed and I sat there together reading his books to him together and showing him the pictures and then I fed him his baby food while Ed and I talked and laughed with him. Special times. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for your goodness to us. Great is Thy faithfulness.


7 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Sounds like a wonderful day! And, now I am hungry. ;0)

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Barbara H. said...

LOVE chocolate fountains! I know what you mean about needing protein, though.

What sweet thoughts about your dear hubby. :-)

MotherT said...

It was soooo good to get to see you and Ed again! I love it when you surprise us all!

Ross and I are, also, rejoicing in this time of our lives. Although, with grandbabies, we haven't been able to slow down much!

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

I was indeed good to see you & your hubby again. And I might add, you are getting around really good since you had your surgeries.

Jewel said...

You would, no doubt, have loved the chocolate fountain, Mrs NB and actually, here, now, three days later, I wish I had partaken of it at least a little! *smile*
Yes, I am a protein-lover, Barbara! and thanks! *smile*
Yes, the grandbaby does keep us busy but we looooove it! We feel like we have a new lease on life! Well, most days, that is!!
Oh, and Sir? That skit was the BOMB!!! Wow!

GT said...

I am hungry for protien right now!!! Im growing a baby ya know...good excuse anyway. I love my hunny too, we are blessed to have such wonderful men arent we?

Jewel said...

Hello, GT! I could probably live on just meat, to tell the truth. I've been craving a medium rare steak all day! *sigh* BUT I had a grilled chicken breast instead. It was really good but nothing tastes like BEEF! *smile*
Yes, we are truly blessed of the Lord for these godly men. Thank you again, Lord.