Thursday, June 11, 2009

Miscellany

Our Asiatic Lilies finally bloomed! I took this picture this morning during the rainstorm, so that is why the picture is dark.
My new porch mat! I just love it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I needed windshield washer for my car but the price has gone up sooo much in the last few months, so I just put water in it. The water just wasn't doing the job cutting the road grime and so on. I got the idea of putting a cup of window cleaner w/ ammonia in the water. What a difference it made!! So, I went to Dollar General and bought two big refill bottles of DG brand window cleaner for $1 a bottle! Now we just add a cup of window cleaner to the water in our windshield washers! Talk about a savings!!

3 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

LOVE the welcome mat!!! By chance did you get it at a chain, because my porch wants one just like it?!

And, look at you! You are getting your bloggy groove back! And, a new look that is so cheerful! Love it!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Jewel said...

By chance, I DID get it at a chain, as in Lowe's! I've had it for about three months but just got around to posting a picture of it! *smile*
Well, I am trying to get my bloggy groove back! Thanks for noticing! *smile*

Barbara H. said...

That is a great idea!