Thursday, July 02, 2009

I've been sick all week with C-diff. I must have contracted it from little Jaylon when he had it the week before and though we took all of the necessary precautions to not get it....it is very contagious....blam....I got it. It is like an uber-severe case of intestinal flu. It has been awful. Ed took me to Urgent Care Tuesday and I've been on meds since and a soft/liquid diet, though, up until today, I've not felt like eating. This is the FIRST time I can remember not WANTING to eat. EVER. In my 57 years of living. I lost five pounds in two days. That is one thing about C-diff. You can become dehydrated so quickly that there is a chance of kidney failure. If you care to know more just click on the link above.
I really can't stay on here but I wanted to post why I haven't been blogging. I FB'd a tad in the middle of the night. But I am still just weak.
Oh and I AM hungry!!! For REAL food! Oh, but a medium rare steak, fried potatoes, a luscious side salad, hot, buttery rolls.
May each of you have a wonderful July 4th weekend as we celebrate our freedoms. For all that is wrong with this country.....(and that would be the government).....it is still the greatest country in the world. God bless the U.S.A. and our military men and women who work so diligently to keep us free and also to aid other countries that they might one day have the same freedoms we often take for granted.

4 comments:

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

Hope you get to be feeling better soon. Have a happy 4th.

Barbara H. said...

I'm so sorry you've been so sick! Sounds like you're on the mend now -- hope so!

MotherT said...

C-Diff is some nasty stuff!!!

Hope you get to feeling well enough to enjoy your 4th!

Hugs!

Jewel said...

Hi Everyone! I'm getting better and today...the 4th...I feel almost normal, so I think I am going to be okay! Thanks for the kind thoughts!
Have a wonderful holiday!