Tuesday, June 09, 2009

Jaylon's Dedication

So we get to church Sunday morning at Nelsonville UPC and there is my oldest brother, Bill and his wife Sandy. Also, Pastor Dunnells, better known as Lew...*smile*.....who is Daniel's father-in-law. Then a little later, my sister Bev and her family arrive but there is no Daniel, Erin and little Jaylon. Well, come to find out, Lew didn't know that kids were having little Jaylon dedicated Sunday morning or else, he says, they told him and he forgot, but he didn't think that was the case. AND, Bethany, my niece, told me that she called Daniel and Erin at 9:30am to let them know that she and Drew were going to be late but they would be there and Daniel asked her, "For what?" and she said, "For Jaylon's dedication, silly!", to which Daniel replied, "Oh my gosh, we forgot we were having him dedicated, Bethany!!" I mean, they were still coming to church but they had just forgotten about the dedication. That's my boy! (He takes after his mother *feeble grin*)
BUT everything turned out wonderfully!!! Although, Daniel says had they remembered they would have dressed differently, coloring coordinating better and all, but they were running late, were already dressed when Bethany called and didn't have time to change and all.
BUT the morning's service was wonderful and the Lord truly blessed little Jaylon's dedication and moved so wonderfully in our midst.

And, next, here's a picture of me and my sister, Bev. Do we look alike or what? Everyone thinks we're twins but, alas, we are not. But I do have twin brother, Johnny. Weird, hm? And we kinda sorta look alike but then he's a guy, I'm a girl. *grin*
BUT the crazy thing about me and Bev is that we even tend to dress alike, fix our hair alike AND have almost the same style of glasses. And, no, we do not consult one another on this stuff. It just happens. Like what we chose to wear Sunday morning! Almost identical outfits! Oh, by the way, in the picture below, I'm the one of the left! *smile* And let me say, there is no one I would rather be mistaken for than my sister Bev! She is beautiful on the inside and out and I love her to pieces! :-)

5 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

WOW!!! YOu aren't kidding! You guys really do look a like and I can tell even from the picture that you have the same tastes! Amazing! I do not have a sister, so I have always been fascinated by those relationships!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Barbara H. said...

That is just amazing! You do look like twins. It's so funny you dressed alike without consulting each other.

Bethany said...

they shop at the same store and mom even actually has the shirt aunt jewel is wearing lol...it's hilarious...

aunt jewel, you need to post the pictures of the whole family!!! lol i've been dying to see them!

MotherT said...

I love that Daniel and Erin BOTH forgot the dedication plans! Usually, at least one parent remembers stuff like that! **grin**

Jewel said...

Hi Mrs. NB....we have another sister and we all do get along so well. We have grown so much closer as we've gotten older. I don't know what I would do without them!
Hey, Barbara! You would not believe how many times our dressing almost alike has happened during the past few years and yes, we do both love CJ Banks...well, their sales, that is! *smile* Who can afford them otherwise!
Okay, Beth, hold your horses! I'll post it here in a sec! *smile*
Hi Theresa....well, the kids had been out four-wheeling and got home late Saturday night. I almost called them to tell them who all was coming but I didn't. Next time? I'm calling! *smile* And yes, it is amazing that they BOTH forgot! Sheesh! LOL