Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Our first library books with Jaylon!!

Ed and I took Jaylon to the library today. Now, it is not the first time we've taken him but it is the first time that we've gotten books for him. I got two really awesome pop-up books. He loves them! I sat him in his little Bumbo chair and showed and read them to him and made the animal sounds for the one book. Oh, you know how we grandmothers can be! We have to get excited and animated! *smile*

When Erin came to get Daniel this evening, she saw the books and said that she and Daniel were talking just last night about how they need to get little Jaylon some books and start reading to him but they just seem to have so little time to do anything. She was soooo happy to see that I had gotten him books. I think she was relieved. I do sometimes wonder how young couples do it all when they both work such long hours, you know?

AND Jaylon started eating baby food last week and cereal! What a challenge that was at first BUT I finally got the hang of it! It wasn't Jaylon as much as it was me! LOL I always make sounds like a plane coming in for a landing as I swoop the little spoon towards his mouth and he just opens up as the spoon gets closer. BUT when he is finished, he clamps those little gums together and you KNOW he is done! LOL

He loves peas and carrots and sweet potatoes and fruit and cereal....well, he just loves it all!!
I can hardly believe how fast he is growing and the months are just flying by! He is 5 months/3 weeks old!

I keep thinking I'm NOT going to be as tired at the end of the day, the longer I take care of him. You know, I would be building my stamina or something like that. Uhhhh.....it's not working. I am so tired at the end of the day but again, I am up at a little before 6am and Daniel and Erin don't get him until at least six o'clock. I am just thankful that he is such good baby and he is so happy!!
He has learned how to squeal and make all kinds of noises! We love it!!! *smile*
The picture below is of Jaylon, with just his diaper on, sitting in his Bumbo chair. He looks like he is in his "nakey"! You can see his little books on the table there beside of him.

3 comments:

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

It's good to start a love of books early. Can you play video games too much? Yes. Can you read too much? I don't think so.

I love pictures of kids in Bumbo seats. They are so cute.

MotherT said...

I was doing my own version of the dramatized Bible reading to Eva the other day, and she just laughed and smiled through the whole chapter!

Jewel said...

Hello, you two! *smile* I'm with you, sir, on the not being able to read TOO much! We love to read in our house! And though Daniel loved to be read to, he's yet to develop a love of reading.
I would have loved to have heard your version, Theresa! Really! *smile*