Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A task accomplished!




Now this might look like just a little leather-bound journal to you BUT it contains ALL of the names, phone numbers and addresses and even some birthdates of family and friends that I have collected since Ed and I have been married! They used to be spread out amongst 5 or 6 address books, bits of paper, on old phone books and in tablets. I have wanted to get them organized and in one nice address book for soooooooo long and I FINALLY DID IT!!!! It is a major accomplishment and I feel so good about and just had to share it with all of you!!



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~




I also finished an Ohio State baby afghan for little Nathen! I put fringe on it, which I've not done before and I think it looks pretty good. Now I just have to get it to him!

6 comments:

Linda Elms said...

Congratulations Jewel on a job well done! There is no feeling like it when you finish a project that you've been wanting to get done "for a long time"! The afghan is also nice.

MotherT said...

WOW!!! I'm so proud of you! I used to have an address book that stayed right by the kitchen phone, but since Mom moved in, it has disappeared. (I think she appropriated it, because it WAS organized!) ;)

Jewel said...

Thank you, Linda and Theresa! I can hardly believe I finally have all of my addresses and such in ONE place! It is indeed a good feeling. Now, I am going to endeavor to get all of my music, lead sheets and words in order. Now this is going to be an undertaking! Oh, and I think I would have to go on the hunt for that address book, Theresa! *smile*

Stace said...

I think I need an address book like that one! I rely so much on my emails being stored by Hotmail, and my phone numbers are in my mobile phone, all this technology... but then if I lose my phone, or if Hotmail is down, or anything else happens - I suddenly have no access to all that information! Plus I don't think I actually know the physical/postal address of any of my friends... Weird!

Anonymous said...

It would be weird to write down an address, i would be lost without my phone.... All numbers i need at the touch of a button....

Jewel said...

Aidan and Stace....isn't it amazing how we all live so differently? I don't have ONE phone number in my new phone yet. Most of the ones I need are in my head...*grin*...and I just haven't bothered to put them in my phone. I couldn't just change the sim card from phone to phone because I "drowned" my old phone by spilling coke on it. Anywayyyyy...I've got all of the necessary numbers and addresses in ONE place now!