Tuesday, September 04, 2007

Finishing up the long weekend!

For being a holiday weekend, we had a great attendance at church Sunday morning. A young man, who came to our church as a child, received the Holy Ghost Sunday morning! He is now in his early thirties. He has been coming for a few weeks now and was baptized last Sunday. He came up to the altar Sunday morning right down in front of where I was playing the keyboard and he just raised his hands, cried out to God and was wonderfully filled with the Spirit of the Lord! It was so awesome! Last Sunday night we baptized a young lady who works at the Mexican restaurant next to our church. She is not able to come often, but every Sunday night for the past several weeks, she has come to service on her dinner break (1 hour) and come to the altar seeking the Lord. The Lord is moving and I am so thankful for His faithfulness.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ed and I went to church in Nelsonville with Daniel and Erin Sunday evening as we didn't have church in Logan that night. Pastor Martin sometimes cancels service on the Sunday evenings of holiday weekends and I really appreciate it because it gives us a chance to spend time with family and so on. Anywayyyyyy, we had an awesome worship service and Bro. Dunnells preached his heart out. It was so good to be with the wonderful saints in Nelsonville and Daniel and Erin. Here is a picture I took of them afterwards:

They are so happy and Daniel's new job is going so well. Erin's family just loves Daniel and is so good to him. I was telling my sister Debbie yesterday that I just feel so blessed that Daniel and Erin are so happy and doing so well. You invest yourself in your children and raise them up to love the Lord and to serve Him and then when it happens, it is such a humbling and overwhelming feeling. I sometimes feel like I don't deserve all of the goodness He has brought my way, but He is a gracious, merciful and loving Father, so faithful, so very faithful through all of the years.

"He's been faithful, faithful to me,
Looking back, His love and mercy I see,
Though in my mind, I have questioned,
Even failed to believe,
Yet He's been faithful, faithful to me."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can surely understand your joy in having your son blessed and serving the Lord. He never fails us, although we do nearly get the snot scared out of us a few times! =) I was born in Nelsonville - it's where my momma and all her family (8 bros & sis) were raised. Most of them are still there, but don't know the Lord. Pray, saints, pray! *sweet pic*

Jewel said...

Wow! Your mom is from Nelsonville? That is so neat! And you were BORN there? Did your Mom go to church there? What is your mother's maiden name, Tracy?