Thursday, February 22, 2007

Posturing


Tuesday morning, as I was getting up from my chair here at the computer, something happened in my lower back and, well, this (see picture to the left)has been me for the past couple of days. I had to miss our monthly ladies meeting at church Tuesday night because I just couldn't move. I missed last month, too, because of my body rebelling. *feeble grin* And if you know me at all, I just don't miss church or church activities. Last year, I didn't miss one ladies meeting! *patting myself on the back* We have such a wonderful time of "sistership" and eating wonderful food. And dear Sis. Pastor always has such encouraging, uplifting devotions. Two ladies always volunteer to decorate, have games, (I love to play games!) and the door prize. We are divided into three circles and each circle has different responsibilites. One brings main dish/sandwiches,one brings desserts, and the other brings drinks and cleans up. It works out so well and runs smoothly. I always enjoy sitting down at a beautifully decorated table.....that I didn't decorate.....*smile*.....and eating luscious food that I didn't prepare....*bigger smile*.

I also was unable to go to church last night.....for the same reason as I was unable to attend the ladies meeting. This was the first time I had missed church in I-can't-remember-when, even though it has been difficult physically to attend, many times. I am so thankful for the good habits I have developed over the years of attending church faithfully. Someone once asked me why I go to church. Is it out of duty? Is it out of habit? Is it because I love to go? I told them that most of the time I go because I love to gather together with my spiritual family at church, but, in all honesty, there are times, perhaps when I am not feeling the greatest, that I go out of duty, and at other times, for whatever reason, I go out of habit. So sometimes, it is because of all three, but this is a good thing. I will say that no matter why I go, I am always so thankful that I made the effort because I am always strengthened and blessed by going and being with the family of God, by hearing His word taught or preached once again and by being in His presence, worshipping Him in spirit and truth. "Behold how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity." Ps. 133:1 "I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord." Ps. 122:1

No comments: