Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Monday's Maneuverings

After getting things in order here at home yesterday.....okay, in all honesty, Mondays tend to be my "day of rest" after busy Sundays. (Can I get an AMEN from some of my brethren and sistren out there? *smile*) Soooooo, after kind of resting and getting a very few things accomplished yesterday morning, I headed out to run some errands and do a few other things. There is ice everywhere here and now that the temps have risen to a normal level, the snow is melting which makes the ice even more treacherous, plus there are big puddles of water everywhere. I know of two people who have fallen and broken an ankle and a leg in more than one place and I don't want my name added to the list!

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

I stopped by the library, but once I was out of the car, I just didn't see how I was going to make it to the sidewalk for all of the ice, snow and water, between me and it. Well, there were two young men, teenagers, standing there, so I asked them if they would be so kind as to help me navigate to the sidewalk and they took me gingerly by each arm and, together, WE got ME to the other side of the moat! They seemed sincerely pleased with themselves that they were able to help an older lady. (Me? An older lady? yes, it's true...*feeble grin*) So I was in the library for about an hour, and upon departing, realized that I was going to need help "crossing the moat" once again. Well, it just so happened that one of the dad's in the homeshcool group we used to belong to, was exiting the library the same time as me, so I asked him if he would be so kind as to help me and he said yes, BUT he was not guaranteeing we would get to the other side safely, BUT we did! Thank you, Jeff!

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Then it was on to Save-A-Lot to get a couple items that I needed, before I headed to my sister Debbie's. You see, I had noticed, when visiting her previously, that she had a magazine rack, with out one thing in it! Well, I've been wanting something to put at my bedside to hold my reading material. Sooooooo, I called her this past Saturday and asked her what she would be willing to trade and so on for that magazine rack. She came up with a pink sweater jacket that I just recently acquired, to which I added a bottle of perfume that some had gotten me recently that I didn't really want. I thought we had sealed the deal, until she phoned me a little while later. She reminded me that I had not fixed her any oyster dressing/stuffing during the holidays and would I be willing to do that, also? I said oooookkkkkaaaay, albeit a little whiningly. (how badly do I want this magazine rack?) So after stopping by the grocery store, I proceeded to her apartment to fix the dressing. It was actually kind of nice to be there in her little kitchen, cooking, while we visited. I finally popped the dressing in the oven and bid her farewell. Oh, but not before she told me to make sure that I made plenty because a couple of her friends at the high-rise, where she lives, wanted some, too. Okay, now look, don't be pushing my goodwill here, okay? *smile* Of course, I made PLENTY. And then, I almost walked out and forgot my magazine rack! (I think it was worth it...*grin*)

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Ed had told me just to go buy myself a magazine rack. Well, that wouldn't have been nearly as much fun! Sheesh! Debbie and I have always swapped and traded and bartered with eachother for stuff that the other one has that we want or could use. We've made some wonderful memories! Plus, everytime I look at the magazine rack, I'll think of her, to which Ed replies, "And why would you want to DO THAT?" He just doesn't get the sister thing, I guess. *smile*

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Next, it was on to Lancaster Sales, where I exchanged a pair of ladies insulated leggings. You see, a lady from church works there and I had seen her wearing a pair and thought it would be nice to have a pair to wear here at home under my nightgown, dresses, skirts, etc. Well, I had sent Ed in to get them and he came home with a pair of black ones, size THREE XXX! Good GRIEF! Okay, I'm not a petite little size small, but I'm surely not a 3XXX!!! GRRRRRRRRRRRRR!! (Okay, so in his defense, they do look alot smaller than they really are, because they stretch ALOT, okay? *sighing resignedly* I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.) So I took them back yesterday and got an XL in beige, as they were out of black, but now the weather is warming up....in the 40's today.....and I am wondering if I'll even need them, but there is always next year, should the Lord tarry His coming. (I can't believe he brought home a 3X.....even if they did look small!)


:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

In the meantime, Ed (yes, the same husband who bought me a 3X in leggings, even, if they did look small.) called my cell and asked if I would mind stopping by the library to get a movie for later. All I could think of was trying to get across that wintry moat once again, but this time I parked in the library employee parking, as there was an empty space and hurried in....well, kinda sorta, as much as I can hurry these days, it isn't a very pretty sight *feeble grin*.....and got my DH a movie. (see I don't hold a grudge for very long.)

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

Next it was onto the car wash to spray off my salt and mud-encrusted car. I know it is supposed to rain today but I couldn't stand it any longer and it was the best 75 cents I had spent all day!!
Oh, here's a little tidbit of info for you! At Merriam Webster's website, someone had entered a new word to be considered: SNEAT: The snow that lands on your seat when you open your car door to get your snowbrush. Also, did you know that "quail" is not only the name of a fowl but is also verb??? Mmmhmm, it is. It means to "to give way; to falter; to recoil in dread or terror." Just thought you might want to know! *smile*

:-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-) :-)

And now I am off to seize the day! Well, okay, that might sound just a little more intense that I am actually feeling but I AM off to do something besides sit here and blog! *smile* Happy Tuesday and God's best and blessings to you! I miss you, Donnie, a.k.a. Bro. Ryan! I hope you are able to blog soon. We are praying for you! ((HUGS))

No comments: