Monday, March 13, 2006

"Oh, What a wonderful weekend....."

That title is being sung to the tune of "Oh, What a Beautiful Morning". And it was a wonderful weekend, albeit a busy one!
First things first! Remember the 3-day-diet I was telling you about? Wellllll.....I have the results! *drum roll please* I lost SEVEN POUNDS!! Yeehaa!! In three days! And I haven't gained any back yet either! Of course, I have been eating sensibly and watching my portions. You know, portion control is the key to the whole weight loss issue, I believe. I read an article about weight loss and portion control in Time magazine several months ago. I gasped and my mouth hung open as I read it. Do you know that a healthy portion of meat is the size of a deck of cards???? Hellooooooooo!!! I conveyed this info to Daniel and his quick reply was, "Uhhhh....how about the size of an encyclopedia, Mom?" LOL A healthy portion of mashed potatoes is the size of a tennis ball, to which he said, "Try a volleyball". That's my boy!!! LOL Continuing on in this vein.....A healthy portion of cheese is 4-5 cubes of cheese the size of dice.
After ending my 3 day diet, I did, in fact, get up early Saturday morning...5:30am.... and grill myself a hamburger! I usually make a big, thick plump hamburger, but this time I made it much thinner and do you know what?? It was just as good! Oh, was it ever good! Anddddd......we went through the drive-thru at McDonald's and got a White Chocolate Raspberry Cappu. It was so delicious!
Did you know that you can now buy a "Diet Plate"? It has markings on it designating how much of each food group you should have to lose weight. They come in male, female, and child versions, too. You can purchase them on Ebay here. I'm not pushing Ebay. I just thought you might want to take a look. I am going to try the 3-day-diet again this week and see how much I lose this time! I'll keep you posted!

No comments: