Friday, March 10, 2006

My favorite day post!

It's Friday...My favorite day......yayyyyyy!! *smile* Where to begin, where to begin?? Wellllll......I am feeling really good physically. I am feeling stronger in my back and legs. I just finished doing my exercises. (It's not a pretty sight....take my word for it :-/) I've been given a series of exercises to do for my stomach, upper and lower back, and legs. I know this might sound a little elementary coming from someone who has been a christian for so long, but in trusting the Lord to heal my back, I asked a dear friend just what my part in all of this is. You see, I have let myself go physically over the past few years, meaning that I have gained weight and basically quit exercising, where before I was walking three miles a day and weighed about 60 pounds less than I do now. So, back to what I said originally. I really am believing the Lord to heal me in a way that I never have before. But I also have to do my part in taking care of myself. This is the "works" part of faith. "Faith without works is dead" James 2:18, 2:20, 2:26 Now, I may be taking this particular passage out of context a bit, but I do believe it applies to some degree. I mean, I can't just let myself go physcially and expect the Lord to just restore me completely can I? Now THAT would be a miracle! Wake up in the morning 60 pounds lighter and muscles toned to the max! Yes, Lord Jesus! Sorry, but it ain't gonna happen....*sigh* Right now, after doing my exercises, which takes me the better part of an hour, my pain has lessened tremendously, where before, after doing my exercise regimen, I always hurt more. I kid you not. It has been this way this week. "Jesus on the inside, working on the outside, oh, what a change in my life...."

A friend and I are on this "three-day-diet". If you follow this diet to the letter you are supposed to lose 10 pounds in three days. Wellllllll.....NOT being a skeptic, I thought..."it's possible" so I went for it. On day one, I lost 4 pounds, day two I lost 2 pounds and tomorrow morning we will see if I hit the 10 pound mark. But I will tell you, I have never in my 54 years of living EVER lost 4 pounds in one day! So, I am impressed. I do have to tell you though, that the food leaves somewhat to be desired. I can hardly believe myself that I have stuck with it this long. I think I'd rather fast. Actually, I have the same feeling physically on this diet as when I am fasting. If you are interested in the diet, just Google "3-day-diet" and you'll get all kinds of info. There are a couple of different versions but they both work. I am craving a big, juicy cheeseburger and McDonald's White Chocolate Raspberry Cappucino!!!! Tomorrow morning we have to be at the church at 7:15am. All of the Sunday School Staff is going to the S.S. Conference in Newark, Ohio, for the day. Sooooo, I told my DH that I am getting up early enough to fix myself a big, juicy cheeseburger with tomato and mayonniase before we leave home and then we can go through McDonald's and get me a White Chocolate Raspberry Cappucino, which I have been craving ever since I went on this diet! Nooooo, I 'm not going to go crazy and eat everything in sight and gain it all back, but I am going to eat, okay????

My biggest downfall, foodwise, is chips. I looooove chips of any kind. Last week, I bought a bag of kettle chips, which I hadn't had before. Oh, my dear heavens! In time......3 0r 4 days......I had eaten the whole bag. Now, mind you, it wasn't a HUGE bag. 10 or 11 oz., I believe. Oh, but they were the most scrumptious chips I have ever eaten. They were Mah-va-lus, Dahling! Oh, and with my chips I love sandwiches. This reminds me of a story I just have to tell here. One day at work, a former co-worker of mine decided to have lunch with her daughter and asked me if I wanted the sandwich she had brought for her lunch and I said sure. On my break, I went back to get the sandwich. I about fainted when I saw it! It was one slice of bread with the most anemic looking piece of bologna on it I had ever seen!! LOL The really significant fact here is that my c0-worker is tiny. Itsy, bitsy even. Words that have never been used to describe me. *feeble grin* Our different food portions just might have something to do with it,hm? When I make a sandwich, it always has two slices of bread or it is on a big bun. I never just put ONE slice of lunchmeat on it. I most often put 2 or 3 or more. I usually add mayonnaise, too. And with my sandwich, I have to have chips. Lots of chips. Anywayy, this three day diet has helped me to see that I can eat in a disciplined way if I really want to. So, I am trying to make this weight loss the catalyst for losing the weight I need to over the next few months. I would like to be at my desired weight by family camp, which is in August and this is do-able. I'll keep you posted.

I don't know if I mentioned this before but I asked my doctor and my chiropractor how much of a factor my weight is in regards to my back problems and they both said it wasn't much of a factor, because they have just as many slender people with back problems as those who are over-weight. I believe this, but still, for me, I do know that losing weight and getting fit is going to be to my advantage. I have had back problems even when I weighed alot less, so actually, I think the "fit" part is more important than the weight loss. Still, I am endeavoring to do both and I know that the Lord is pleased.
"Therefore, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God" (1 Corinthians 10:31).

We haven't talked with Daniel or Erin since he started his job at McDonald's, so we don't know how it is going, but I will fill you in as soon as I know. Daniel adapts well, so I am sure he is doing fine. He has taken to marriage like a duck to water and he loves college, so I know he will do the same with this new job.

Last Friday night, Daniel dropped his truck off so his dad could take it to have the brakes checked the next day. Before he left to go home, Daniel just sat down and we talked for about a half an hour. It was so good to just chat with the boy, you know? He was telling us all about his classes at college and how much he is liking it. I am just so happy for him. I am glad that his college experience is going so well for him. He has made alot of new friends and plays in the basketball league.

We are almost done "moving" into Daniel's old room. I managed to get it completely cleaned out on Wednesday, I believe it was and we have been moving things in there a little at a time. Ed is now hooking up the TV, VCR, surround sound/DVD player, satellite, antenna......you talk about wires!!! AAARRGGGHHHHH!!!! What a nightmare! But we are figuring it out together. I have been here typing and helping him, when needed. We have decided to leave the Ohio State theme up because it looks really good. I need to buy some new things for the walls and perhaps a floor lamp. I'll take some pictures and post them later.

Oh, and speaking of Ohio State......they just beat Penn State(14/13) 63-56. Yeehaa! Go Bucks! They will play either Indiana or Wisconsin tomorrow (Saturday). They should have beaten Penn State pretty handily having beaten them 104-69 and75/64 during the regular season, but everything changes during the post-season, so you can never take anything for granted. They lost to Indiana by a hair 81-79 which never should have happened! They won both times they played Wisconsin 77-67 and 78-73. Still, they were close games and no matter which team they play, it is going to be something to watch! Indiana and Wisconsin play at 4:05pm today on CBS. I love March Madness. These college teams play with an intensity that is unmatched. I am always a little let-down when it is all over.

This has been a pretty long post....thank you for reading...I had a lot of catching up to do. Let me explain: While on this diet I just haven't been very talkative, which is how I get when I am fasting. (I know, I know, I should fast more,hm? very funny.....*grin*) Have a wonderful weekend and remember to go to the House of the Lord on Sunday!!
"I was glad when they said unto me, Let us go into the house of the Lord." Psalm 122:1

No comments: