Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Learning to speak all over again

This past Sunday morning during our worship service at church, several people gathered around me and prayed for my healing. Among them was Serena, the young lady who God has healed of cancer. She has spoken words of faith to me and I am believing and trusting the Lord to heal me. I have no other recourse. "When you've tried everything, and everything has failed, try Jesus".
My pastor's wife has given me a book to read: The Power of Speaking Positive by Joy Haney. I have almost finished it and how it has helped me. I will need to read it a few times to really absorb it all. Some of the chapter titles are : "What You Say is What You Get", "Speak Victory", and "Training Yourself to Speak Positive".

It is a bit difficult to convey here, but since Sunday, I feel so differently. My mood has lifted and I just feel so much better. Isn't it amazing that we can serve the Lord and live for Him for so long, yet there comes a time like this when it is as if I am learning this "living by faith", I mean REALLY learning it again, now? Since Sunday, I have been praying without ceasing. (I believe that is scriptural *smile* I Thess. 5:17) I know the Lord is healing me. It is such a relief to know that I don't have to worry about this any longer. I've put my trust in Him. "My hope is built on nothing less, than Jesus' blood and righteousness." He has told me to "cast all of my care on Him, for He cares for me.." I Peter 5:7. I've read these scriptures many, many times through the years, but have come to the realization that I have only now truly practiced them for the healing of my back. What a heavy load has been lifted! "Love lifted me, Love lifted me, When nothing else could help, Love lifted me...".

Yesterday (Monday) a friend called and confirmed to me that the Lord is working healing in my body and today I received the most precious email from another dear friend (you know who you are *smile*) reassuring me that the Lord is indeed working healing in my body. To God be the glory. How faithful He is. This morning as I was praying a song came to me:

"Who am I that The King would bleed and die for?
Who am I that He would pray not my will, Thine Lord?
The answer I may never know,
Why He ever loved me so,
That to an old rugged cross He'd go
For who am I?"


He's walking with me......one day at a time......and sending dear friends to walk this path with me, to encourage me, to be an extension of Him. Thank you.....



No comments: