Saturday, July 11, 2009

A free day!!!!

Well, kind of. But the last few Saturdays have been soooo busy! Today, I slept in until 7:30! Yay for me! Then Ed and I had our morning coffee in the den while we watched last night's 20/20 which I had DVR'd. It was about GM's great fall, it's affects, their plans for the future. Very interesting.

Here's my take: If they want to sell cars, they need to bring back retro cars. Like when Ford brought back the retro Mustangs! You saw them everywhere! Just think if they made a new version of a '57 Chevy but with the new plastics, which would make them much lighter, and so on. Those things would fly out of the showrooms! But, who am I? Just a housewife from SE Ohio. What do I know?

You see, back in the day, you could tell a Chevy from a Ford from an Olds. But now they just all look alike.



Oh, and back in the day, I had a '67 Chevy Impala, 283, pale yellow with black pinstriping and chrome wheels, 3-speed on the column, black-tufted interior, bench seats. It was beautiful! Oh, and it had dual exhausts, chrome pipes. *sigh* Those were the days......
***********************
It is now Monday and I will endeavor to finish this particular post.
Ed and I went grocery shopping Saturday afternoon. We usually try to avoid shopping on Saturday because the stores are so crowded but we've managed to do this two Saturdays in a row now! We've got to stop it! *smile*
I didn't mind going grocery shopping but I just didn't feel like talking to a bunch of people. You know what I mean? I told Ed that I wished I could put on a mask or put a bag over my head so I could just shop for groceries and not see a bunch of people that I know and feel like I have to talk to everyone. Do you all ever feel that way? I mean, I am a very sociable person/ a people person, but some days I just don't feel like being that way, you know?
Anywayyyy.....it wasn't so bad after all. *grin* And, yes, I did talk to those people that I saw and knew and even some that I didn't! Go figure! *smile*
Oh, and we were on the hunt for Jaylon some new pacifiers. You see, he has had these two that he really likes but he has flattened the nipple on one and the other one is kind of peeling or something, so Erin, unable to find pacifiers like the old ones, bought him a new one, which he is slowly getting used to but he just doesn't care for it that much. Well, Ed and I looked in every store in Logan.....there aren't that many.....and were unable to fine any like his old ones. Sooooo, he'll just have to get used to this new one. But you know we grandmothers can be with these little ones. We want them to have what they want. *sigh*
Little Jaylon is also now using the sippy nipples (that's what I call them anyway...*grin*) on some of his bottles. Well, they are okay but I think it seems like he is getting his milk too fast with some of them, so I told Erin and Daniel to be sure and send me a bottle with a regular nipple plus sippy nipples. They told me that he needs to get used to the sippy ones and I know that he does, but he stills needs his sucky nipples (as I call them), too.
Okay, you moms and grandmas know what I am talking about! LOL And, yes, I know, I know. I need to do what Daniel and Erin want me to do where Jaylon is concerned. And I am, I am.....you'd be very proud of me! *smile* The kids do thank me all of the time for taking care of little Jaylon and let me know how much they appreciate it!
I was feeling so tired this morning when Ellie pounced on me at 5:45am and woke me up. But I drug myself out of bed and started the coffee. I fed Ellie and did a few things in the kitchen and then got my coffee and sat down in my chair in the living room, still feeling pretty draggy, but then here came Ed bringing little Jaylon in the door and just one look at that little smiling baby perked me right up! He is such a happy baby, so full of smiles!

Daniel and Erin got him a new walker/bouncy thingy over the weekend and I can't wait to see him in it, but he is taking his morning nap, so I will just have to be patient and let him sleep. We'll have the rest of the day to play!! *smile*

6 comments:

Barbara H. said...

Sometimes when I am shopping I am on a "mission" and just want to get done, but other times I don't mind stopping and talking.

I keep telling myself I need to avoid having to shop on Saturdays -- but somehow I am almost always out there.

Jewel said...

Well, I didn't even have the excuse of being on a mission. I just wanted to get my groceries and not be sociable and, being a christian, I know that is just not the right attitude, but I managed to get my groceries and be manageably sociable. *grin* And I am going to do my best to not do anymore Saturday shopping! :-)

Bethany said...

I usually grocery shop on Tuesdays at about 8:30 or 9...BEST time of the day and week to go!!! Hardly a person in the place :)

Nathen used NUK bottles and the sippycup and wouldn't take anything but a NUK paci either...it was awful when I lost his and couldn't find the right size anywhere...he had to settle for an old MAM I had laying around and he despised it...I'm so thankful I don't have to worry about that w/him anymore but Lord have mercy I'm starting all over again lol!

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

My first car was a '68 Impala. Dad let his friend drive it while Dad drove his truck for a while. his friend didn't keep an eye on the oil and blew the motor :-(

MotherT said...

My first car was a '62 Impala! (Mom got it 'cause she figured it was too big for me to do much damage to it!) Those Impalas were GREAT cars. Mine had a 350 and she could MOVE!

Incidentally, I try to do my shopping later in the evening. I can usually get in and out pretty quickly, and that is a huge bonus for me, because I HATE shopping!

Jewel said...

Hey Beth! Well, Jaylon is now taking his new pacifier and is happy...thank goodness and you can buy this kind anywhere!
I think we WERE grocery shopping on Monday evenings but somehow we got out of whack! *smile*
Wow! We all three had Impalas! Yay!!! what color were yours?