Monday, July 27, 2009

Hit the floor running!

Ellie the cat woke me up at her usual 5:45am, which I am thankful for. :-) And I haven't stopped since then until now! I hit the floor running, let me tell ya!

Besides taking care of little Jaylon, I've done my morning housework and all of the little things I do each morning, fixed food for an after-the-funeral gathering at church. A dear saint and mother at our church lost her middle child last week to an untimely death. I fixed creole vegetables w/smoked sausage, corn muffins and a mexican wedding cake, while doing laundry, feeding Jaylon, and on and on.

Then my sister Debbie called to remind me that I had promised to take her to get food at the monthly food give-a-way here in Hocking County. So, Ed watched Jaylon while I took the food to the church, went to the bank, picked up Debbie, got her food, took her back home, then headed home myself.

By this time it is one o'clock and I haven't stopped and I have to get home because Ed has to leave by two o'clock and I knew that he would want to rest for a bit.

Wellllll....he's been gone for awhile. Little Jaylon has been napping for some time now and I'm taking a breather. Oh, and I also laid down for a few minutes and caught a power nap myself.

I am so wanting to go to the first night of family camp tonight but I don't know if there will be any steam left in the old engine or not! *feeble grin*

Oh, but when I was younger, I worked a full-time job and went to camp every night, got home after midnight some nights and went to work the next morning at 7am, only to get off work at three in the afternoon and do it all over again.

BUT those days are gone, I'm afraid. Where did they go? I would like to have them back just for this week. But, alas.....it is not to be.

And another thing about going to camp tonight.....we have to have our car......we got a 2003 (I think it's a 2003. I'll check and let you know for sure!) Chevy Malibu last week....it is one sweet car.....and Ed has to drop it off tomorrow morning by eight to have cruise control installed. Soooo, I have to take Jaylon and meet him there and then go with him while he takes his student to Athens. Soooo, if I am out late tonight I am surely not going to feel like getting up in the morning and heading to Athens BUT I can sleep on the way down and back and Jaylon probably will, too. We'll just have to see how it all goes.

One last thing......our pastor's father....dear elder Bro. Martin is not doing well physically at all. He is 90 and has lived a good life and lived for the Lord but his body has been failing him so these past several months. His heart is now only functioning at 20% and then sometime in the night he fell. He is in the hospital now and he may not be with us much longer. Please pray for Bro. Marting and for his precious wife, as she has been through so much these past few months and has been dealing with many health issues herself. Oh, but they are the most precious people.

3 comments:

Barbara H. said...

I know what you mean -- I can't "go" and "do" nearly as much as I used to.

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

I am exhausted just reading your post. :0)

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Jewel said...

Well,ladies, I got everything done and today I am feeling none too worse-for-the-wear for having done it all! Thank you, Jesus!!! :-) AND I may be hitting the road again tonight!! (I hope I'm not pushing it!)