Saturday, January 31, 2009

Playing catch-up

I'm so behind on my blog-reading. *sigh* I've tried to catch up but I'm thinking that perhaps I'll just start from here. I have managed to read most that I follow and leave a comment here and there.
Also, I've sorted through and read most of my email and responded to those that required it.
You see, I have my blog here which is my priority online. I also have a MySpace page which is probably my second online priority because I have so many family members there, friends and church family. Then I had to go and sign-up for Facebook! (What was I thinking?) AND lo and behold if there aren't a kazillion people THERE that I know. On the fringe I have a page at Everyone's Apostolic but I'm thinking about deleting it because I just don't have the time for it. Soooo, as I discuss it here, I'm thinking I am going to pare it down to just my blog, MySpace and my email because the MAIN MAN is coming to our house Monday morning!! That would be Jaylon Daniel Cavinee! *smile*
We will be taking care of the little guy Monday-Friday from about 7:15am until 5:30ishpm. Please remember to pray for us as we begin this new phase in our lives and also for Erin Maree as she goes back to work. I remember well just how difficult it was to go back to work and leave my little one even though he was being cared for by his "second mommy", his Aunt Sandy. I've also planned to fix supper for them two or three nights so they will have plenty of time to spend with their little guy when they get home. I'm confident all will be fine. It's just a matter of getting our routines down and so on.
Here are a few pictures of the snow and ice that we have here this week. Also, a couple of in-house happenings, too. *smile* We had minus something-or-other this morning. I opened the back door to feed Rocky this morning and I told Ed it looked and felt like outer Siberia! LOL Frigid and Frosty!!!! Brrrrr!!!!





5 comments:

Tersie said...

Your snow looks much like our snow did! Errrr .... does!! It just won't go away. I think it's supposed to get warm enough to melt tomorrow. And then they're calling for another huge storm during the week. What? No thanks. I've had enough winter already! I had enough winter even before this storm hit! hehehe! Well, I guess God has different plans.

And you are so sweet to take care of the baby while mommy works. And EVEN SWEETER to prepare a meal a few times a week so they have family time when they get home!! You're a treasure.
*hugs*

Enjoy your time with the main man!! :)

Jewel said...

Hi Tersie!! Well, I think snow is snow, hm? I think it is beautiful and if we are going to have winter, I would rather have snow than dreary old mud and yuckiness, hm? It makes everything look so much prettier. I've heard different reports about the weather for the coming week, so I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
Thanks for the kind words and wishes! ((HUGS))

The Equipped Life said...

Hi, Jewel. I was so glad to see that you came by to visit.

I LOVE the top picture of the lamp - the color is fabulous!!

I also blog, have myspace and JUST SIGNED ON to facebook as well! I really don't like facebook's format - it's too 'cold' - myspace is a lot friendlier looking to me.

Blogging is my first priority and my email, then myspace is a low 3rd and I imagine facebook will be almost non-existent.

Wish we could have some of your snow... stay warm!

Jewel said...

Hi Barb! thanks for the comment on the picture. I am an amateur photographer by any description, so that was a happy accident. *smile* Hope you are having a good weekend!

Denise said...

Hey sweetie, I love the snow.