Friday, January 09, 2009

Okay, now about my purse


I endeavor to keep my purse organized. I really do. But somehow what I need at any particular moment seems to invariably end up on/in the bottom and I end up having to take everything out in order to find said item.

I've often said that I don't carry this purse for me. I carry it for everyone else. Examples:

"Honey, do you have nail clippers?" "Yes, of course, just a sec, honey."

"Mom, do you have a couple of quarters?" "Sure, here they are, sweetie."

"Does anyone have a bandaid?" "Yep, got one right here!"

"I need a needle and thread....quick!" "Here you go!"

"Hey, babe, do you have any lip balm. My lips are sooo dry." "Sure, let me get it for you."

"When, where and what time is that special service?" "Let me get my date book..."

"Do you know so-and-so's phone number?" "Let me get my address book..."

I could go on and on but the bottom line is: I don't carry this purse for me. I carry it for everyone else!! *smile* I don't mind though. I really don't. I would just like a little more understanding when I accidentally whop you in the back with it or when you might have to carry it for me while I get situated with my walker. (And the walker is almost history, everyone!!! Yayyy!!)

Or when I'm trying to situate it on the seat beside me or I'm driving and I ask whoever is in the passenger seat to please put it over there somewhere for me.

I've tried to downsize a little but I just feel comfortable with a certain size handbag. That way I am more confident that I will have what I need to take with me AND for those around me. *smile* AND you just never know what you're going to need or when you might need it! Always be prepared, is my motto!!! Have purse, will travel!! *smile*

7 comments:

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Great post! I can relate on so many levels!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

I'm just glad guys don't carry purses. If I carried one, it would have to have "Samsonite" on it. It would be heavier than ...(I'm not saying anything else lest I get in trouble)

Jewel said...

So I'm not the only one who goes through this, Mrs. Nurse Boy! Yes!!! LOL
Hmmmmm....now I'm curious as to how you would have finished that sentence, Sir! *smile*

MotherT said...

Well, Jewel, I can tell you how Sir's comment would have ended: ...my wife's daily luggage.

You have no idea how many snide remarks he makes about my purse. AND like you, I carry lots of stuff for others. (Just ask Sir when was the last time he carried a checkbook???)

Jewel said...

Oh my! I'm NOT the only woman who deals with this,hm? *smile* I'm on to something here!! LOL

Denise said...

Such a fun post sweetie.

Jewel said...

thanks, Denise, I'm glad you enjoyed it. it's all true. the persecution my poor purse and I take! LOL