Friday, January 30, 2009

Hellooooo from Hocking County!!

We have electricity again! Yayyyyyy!! *sigh* It started snowing first. Then the freezing rain and ice began sometime Tuesday evening....I'm pretty sure it was Tuesday....and continued through the night and the next morning and then came more snow. I'm so mixed up on my days, I'm not sure when it all started but we are doing fine.... much better than so many others, who still do not have power, heat, water. The town of Nelsonville and Buchtel still do not have power. And I've never known ALL of the Logan to be without electricity but it was certainly so yesterday. Here is a link to 10TV's coverage.

Daniel, Erin and little Jaylon came over and I fixed supper for us on the woodburner. Daniel said it was the best food he'd ever eaten! *smile* The next morning I fixed french toast, bacon and eggs, coffee. I told Daniel that I would have to fix steaks on the woodburner and have them over for dinner. Thankfully, I had kept a stovetop coffeemaker that we used when we used to go camping. It still makes great coffee! *smile*

I got to love and hug on that sweet little grandbaby of mine. Oh my. He is a darling, let me tell ya. *sigh* Here's a picture of him sleeping in the Pac and Play we have here for him:
And one of him on Grandpa Ed's lap:

8 comments:

MotherT said...

Jaylon is getting so big! AND he looks so content on Grandpa's lap!

Glad you all are doing okay. I was a little concerned until I remembered the wood burner.

Jewel said...

Hi Theresa! Yes, the woodburner was a life-saver, let me tell ya! Daniel thought EVERYTHING tasted better cooked on the woodburner and perhaps it did..*smile* Or maybe it was because "Mom" was doing the cooking? Either way, we enjoyed our time together.

Anonymous said...

Glad you all are doing ok and the electricity is back on!

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

The first thing we asked each other when we heard that Hocking county had no electricity was "I wonder how Ed & Jewel and the kids are doing". Just to let you know that you were in our thoughts & prayers.

Jewel said...

Thank you so much, Barbara, I've missed visiting on your blog but I'm back now!
Ed and I both said that it is a comfort to know that we have friends and family watching over us in prayer, Ross. Thanks so much!

Tersie said...

Oh my goodness!! I had heard that something like 98% of Hocking County was without electricity! I'm glad you got yours back!! My mom lost hers and just got it back yesterday evening. We were lucky that we didn't lose ours. It flickered, but that was the most of it. Now we're bracing for round two next week. I hope this storm decides to take a different path. The only saving grace is there's no ice involved. I just hope everyone who lost power has it back before this next round hits.

Take care!! And sweet pictures of the little guy! *hugs*

Jewel said...

Yes, I've never known of Logan to be completely blacked out but it was this week! Unbelievable, it was. But most is restored now, I believe.
Hope you are having a good weekend, Tersie! Stay warm!! ((HUGS))

Denise said...

Praise God that you have power again. Jaylon just gets cuter and cuter.