Friday, January 30, 2009

The bailout in terms we can understand

How the bailout works..this is brilliant

We have all heard of the US bailout of the crooked banks.
And here is how the bailout works...something akin to Bailout for Dummies:
Young Chuck moved to Texas and bought a Donkey from a
farmer for $100.
The farmer agreed to deliver the Donkey the next day.
The next day the farmer drove up and said, 'Sorry son,
but I have some bad news, the donkey died.'
Chuck replied, 'Well, then just give me my money
back.'
The farmer said, 'Can't do that. I went and spent
it already.' Chuck said, 'Ok, then, just bring me the dead donkey.'
The farmer asked, 'What ya gonna do with him?
Chuck said, 'I'm going to raffle him off.'
The farmer said, 'You can't raffle off a dead donkey!'
Chuck said, 'Sure I can Watch me. I just won't tell
anybody he's dead.'
A month later, the farmer met up with Chuck and asked,
'What happened with that dead donkey?'
Chuck said, 'I raffled him off. I sold 500 tickets at
two dollars a piece and made $998.'
The farmer said, 'Didn't anyone complain?'
Chuck said, 'Just the guy who won. So I gave him his
two dollars back.'

Chuck now leads the US bank bailout team.

5 comments:

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

Ha Ha Ha. I loved it.

Jewel said...

Thank you, Sir!! *smile*

Tersie said...

That was clever!!

Jewel said...

Yes, I thought so, too! LOL I thought it was hilarious!

Denise said...

lol, that is funny.