Sunday, January 11, 2009

I'll miss you, OSU Medical Center


Okayyyyy, I must tell the truth. It's the cafeteria that I'll miss most! (I can't believe I'm admitting this!! LOL) You see.....they have the most awesome, to-die-for Reuben Sandwiches!! Oh my word!!! On rye bread! Corned Beef stacked so high I can hardly get my mouth around it! Swiss cheese, lots of it, melted down over the sauerkraut, thousand island dressing oozing around the edges. *sighhhhh* Okayyyy....so you get this humongous, delicious sandwich accompanied by more Ruffles chips than I can eat AND a huge dill pickle spear.....all for the incredible price of $3.29!!!
Okay, I'm going off topic here for a second.......Ed just came back inside singing..."I'm dreaming of a white January 11th, just like the ones I used to knowwwww!" It's snowing AND cold AND windy outside and, well, that was just hilarious! LOL
Back to my food story: I mean, I love Reuben Sandwiches and I can get them at local restaurants here in Logan but not for $3.29!!!!!!! Hello!!!! Forget about the chips and pickle. Those would cost me like two or three dollars extra!
Okay, I'm done. I just had to share the experience with you. I feel better now. *grin* Oh, but they were soooo good. "They" meaning the two that I had during all of the days we were at the hospital. *sigh* BUT Jaylon Daniel is coming home tomorrow!!! And that's better than ALL of the reuben sandwiches in the world!!! *smile*

4 comments:

Denise said...

You make me smile.

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

It's good to here that Jaylon is coming home. I have never liked Rueben sandwiches, and the funny thing about that, is that I made them a lot in my early 20's where I worked.

Jewel said...

I'm so glad that I do, Denise. I'm praying for you and your DH. I'll be over to visit your blog in a little while! ((HUGS))

Well, maybe that's why you don't care for them? *smile* But then, they do have alot of different flavors in them, so I would think that either you like them or you don't. There probably isn't much of an in-between.

Urology Surgery India said...

Great blog all the best