Saturday, November 04, 2006

Sisterhood


My sister Debbie called me early this morning, along about 7:30. She asked me how old she was?????? "How old am I?" was her exact question! I said, "You have got to be kidding me!!! Look, Debbie...now follow me here. Get a pen and paper and subtract 1949 from 2006. Your answer should be 57!" Hellloooooooo!! LOL She is sooo funny! Today is her birthday!! I sang a heart happy birthday to her and wishes her bunches of good wishes. Oh yes, she is the owner of the infamous Tracker that I have posted about a time or three. She is so special to me. I don't know what I would without her. She is our mother incarnate, so much so that it is almost scary, let me tell you!! She has raised three wonderful children and has 8 grandchildren that just adore their "Nanny". Debbie was a grandmother to my son Daniel and my niece, Bethany, too, because our mother was not in very good health and just couldn't do much for or with Daniel and Bethany when they were little, but they still loved her bunches. All of the grandchildren called my mom Grandma Pete. My dad had his own plumbing business and his business nickname was Pete the Plumber, our last name being Peters, so the grandchildren put the "Pete" tag on Mom, too. It fit her to a T!

I had the most wonderful surprise today! My sister Bev and her daughter Bethany came to visit! I couldn't believe it! After we visited for awhile, we went up to Green Elementary School's annual craft bazaar. It is just a couple of miles away. Bethany and Daniel went to school there before they were homeschooled. I didn't know if I was going to be able to walk that much, but I took my trusty cane, which I have been hesitant to use......I don't like using it.....but I need some kind of support these days. Soooooo......we went to the bazaar and I saw so many people that I hadn't seen for so long. Oh, to back up a little......I asked Ed if he would kindly give me a little money to take in case I found something I liked....well, he said that all he had was a $100 bill. Like that was going to stop me from taking it???? HELLOOOOO!!! LOL I finally bought myself a OSU buckeye necklace and yesssssssssss, I am wearing it even as I type! And I bought a cookbook from a church group that had a booth. They were the ones who changed the $100 bill for me. I told them about the exchange that Ed and I had and we had a good laugh together as they gave me my change! *smile* Every where we went people asked Bev and I if we were twins. *sighhhhhh* No, we aren't but I DO have a twin brother. I wish I had a dollar for everytime someone has asked us this. I'd take a nice, long vacation!!

No comments: