Thursday, March 01, 2007

You've been warned

So, I am sitting in the den this afternoon, preparing for choir practice which is tonight, when the phone rings.
"Hello, may I speak to Edward Cavine?" "This is MRS. C-A-V-I-N-E-E." (They should at least be able to pronounce my name if they are intending to sell me something!)

"Mrs. Cavinee! This is Steve Wilson. I would like to talk to you about your health care."

Now mind you this person is talking to me in such a heavy accent that I've had to ask him to repeat himself several times. And if he thinks that by calling himself "Steve Wilson", that I won't know that he is a telemarketer calling me from halfway 'round the world from India or Bangledesh or some other third-world country, welllllll, they are mistaken. And if his name is really "Steve Wilson", mine must be Mahatma Ghandi!

And don't be calling me to sell me health insurance, when you're, no doubt working for some multi-million dollar company that is probably paying you a paltry three bucks an hour to call me half-way around the world and sell me something at an outrageous premium that doesn't cover much of anything in actuality, while their CEO and other high-muckety-mucks are raking in the money, taking leisurely vacations and livin' the fine life.

okay....i'm done.....just had to get that off my chest.








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You go girl!!!! You're so hot when you get up on that soapbox.

T.

Jewel said...

Oh, stop it! *smile* I was just a little ticked, is all. Thanks for stopping by, Tobbanobby!!