Saturday, March 03, 2007

An update

I went for a third visit to the chiropractor, who is more than young enough to be my son or possibly grandson. *sigh* Anyway.....I do believe he is going to be able to help me. First of all, he is charging me an unbelievably low rate for each office visit. My initial visit was $60.00 and it lasted for close to an hour and a half. Not in time spent in the waiting room but with him. My second visit lasted at least an hour.....I would say close to thirty minutes with the massage therapist and then another thirty minutes with him. The charge? $20.00 Unbelievable. My visit yesterday was the same.
I've been in a tremendous amount of pain this past week, but when I left his office yesterday, my pain level had diminished considerably and I was walking more closely to normal than I had in some time. (And don't be asking me where "Normal" is located either! *grin*) It is just hard to believe how out of whack my body gets between visits just from the usual day-to-day activities. And, noooo, I'm not doing anything overly physical or strenuous, but I do try to stay active, though not in an extreme way.
He wants to see me for at least three more visits and then he will re-evaluate and consider what should be done as far as further tests and so on. An MRI would be very helpful and I think that is what will be suggested.
He wants me to find an indoor space where I can walk. Well, I told him about our fellowship hall at church and he suggested that I walk five laps around it every other day. It is important that I have a level, stable surface to walk on. I also thought I might try walking around the inside perimeter of Walmart. He told me that I am probably going to be in considerable pain the same day or the day after, but we have to start somewhere.
So, that is where I am at today. I am hopeful. Well, of course, I am hopeful! I know the Lord and He knows the path I take. How can I be down-hearted about anything?
"He's my hope in this world,
He's my lasting joy untold,
He's my strength in time of trouble and storm,
His love will keep me from harm."

Oh, and a young lady and I sing the song at church "His Eye Is On the Sparrow" and how true the words are:
"Why should I feel discouraged?
Why should the shadows fall?
Why should my heart feel lonely and long,
For heaven and home?
For Jesus is my portion,
A constant friend is He,
His eye is on the sparrow,
And I know He watches me."

Oh, the words from another old song come to mind:
"Many things about tomorrow,
I don't need to understand,
For I know He holds the future,
And I know He holds my hand."

That is enough for me.

No comments: