Saturday, March 03, 2007

He is more than enough

I wonder if any of you remember this old song? My former pastor's mother and father, Elder Bro. and Sis. Robinson, used to sing this song when they were in for a visit. They were from southern Illinois and had the most charming accent. Now they didn't have eloquent, professional voices, oh, but it was annointed and from the heart. The Lord always ministered in such a beautiful way when they sang:

"I don't need to understand, I just need to hold His hand,
I don't ever need to ask the reason why,
For I know He'll make a way, through the night and through the day,
I don't need to understand, just hold His hand."

"Life is like a mighty sea, so tossed and driven,
Billows rise within the heart of every man,
Storms so many times will leave the heart with question,
But I don't need to understand, just hold His hand."

"When my life on earth is through and Jesus calls me,
To my home up there, beyond the golden shore,
I'll look back, review the past that lays before me,
And I won't need to understand any more."

I pray that these words help someone.....to be encouraged, to know that He is as close as the mention of His name. He is not a-far off, but He is touched "with the feelings of our infirmities",
and "like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him. For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust."

No comments: