Monday, March 19, 2007

What we do for our kids!!!!!


Yesterday morning, after church, we called Daniel and Erin and asked them out to dinner at LaCascada, a mexican restaurant located a couple of doors down from the church. We had a great time, catching up on things, laughing and eating some scrumptious food. So, after we finished eating, Daniel said, "Hey, why don't you guys follow us down to Athens and go to Petland with us to look at the dogs and birds?" You're kidding me, right? Well, he wasn't. He and Erin both love animals soooo much. (They have FOUR dogs. INSIDE dogs. Yep. Uh-huh. You read correctly.) Well, okay, they found a home for one of them: Dakota the Weimeraner/a.k.a.The Canine Horse. (Thank you, Lord.)
Anywayyyyy....as I was saying.....Daniel wanted us to drive to Athens, to Petland, to look at the pets. It was a beautiful afternoon. So, we did. Erin rode down with me and Ed went with Daniel. I told Erin, "You know, there are only two people that we would drive 25 miles/50 round trip with, to look at animals with, that we have no intention of buying, don't you?" To which she replied, Uh-huh, and smiled. You gotta love this girl. *smile* We did have fun, I'll admit. And Daniel and Erin were so happy that we drove down. Of course, they only live about 5-10 minutes from Petland. *grin* Oh, and I still managed to get a good hour and fifteen minute nap in before heading back to church. (gotta have that Sunday afternoon nap, hm, Barbara? *smile*)
And as you other parents know, even if you won't admit it, we will do most anything to spend time with our kids once they've left the nest, hm?) Daniel is on spring break this week and is coming up tomorrow to help Ed move furniture as we are having new carpet laid in the living room Wednesday.

2 comments:

MotherT said...

Yes, we certainly do. I got a late call Saturday, telling me that Child No. 1, was making a fast drive up on Monday with a friend. (We were having revival services Sunday.) Ross helped me clean the house Sunday night, so that I wouldn't be in quite so much of a panic. Oh, BTW, they were going to be here BEFORE I got off of work! Yes, we do lots of things for our kids!

Jewel said...

Yes, indeed we do! I hope you have a wonderful time with Liz and her friend! And be thankful you have the WH to help you!! *smile*