Tuesday, October 31, 2006

The 5th Sunday!


Okay, so when a month has five Sundays in it, our church does something different on the fifth Sunday. Sometimes we have a singspiration. One time we had a game and pizza night, which was so much fun. This past Sunday evening we had our annual wiener roast minus the usual hayride because of the cold weather, but in retrospect, it wasn't THAT cold. Anywayyyyy.....Ed and I had considered not going and instead going to church in Nelsonville so we could see Daniel and Erin BUT we went to the weiner roast, okay!?!?!?!?! And we are so glad that we did! We had so much fun and I looooooooove roasted hot dogs! ANDDDDDD.....I didn't even have to roast them! How great is that?? Pastor Martin had one of those sticks that holds like like five hot dogs, so he shared his with me and others. We had a great turnout plus there is a new family that is considering transferring to Logan and they were there, too, so I am really glad that we went to the weiner roast. They have five foster children and one of the little boys sat by me and about talked my leg off but I just love little kids. He had never been to a weiner roast before and was just thrilled with everything about it. I think he is 7 or 8. I roasted marshmallows for him and we talked about legos and the stars and a plethora of things. It was one of the best and most memorable evenings I have spent in a long time. Truly it is good and pleasant for brethren.....and sistren......*grin*.....to dwell together.
Oh, and my brother Johnny was there and brought us all a little bag of candy for Halloween. Well, I was just going on and on about how sweet it was of him to do this for us and he said not to get too carried away with the praise......it was leftover treats that they had prepared to hand out that afternoon when trick-or-treating was going on. Well...okay....it was still thoughtful though...he didn't have to bring them. *grin* I gave some of the candy I didn't care for to the little boy I was sitting with and he thought that was so nice of me.
(I told you the weiner roast was really a good time for all.)

No comments: