Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Snippets

I have election training today from 1-4pm for the upcoming election, Nov. 7. I've read/heard that this election is more important than the upcoming 2008 presidential election. I know that I have had my fill of political ads, commercials, phone calls, mailings and so on. I don't believe I have ever seen such a constant deluge of mud-slinging in my 54 years. I do believe that it is important that we are part of the process. I will say, though, that I told my dear husband that all of the ads and criticisms and so on almost make me want to not vote for any of them! If you would like information on the candidates and issues in your state, go to www.dontvote.com, and click on your state.

******************************************************************************

We have begun having Monday night prayer each week once again. Previously, we were having prayer on the 2nd Monday of the month. We have also begun to fast regularly as a church body, not just individually. What a difference it is making. The answered prayers. A new and fresh annointing in our services. A spirit of unity and goodness among the saints. New faces at church. We cannot forget the basics.....prayer and fasting. They must be the foundation of all that we do for the Lord and, if we are not careful, all of the other necessary "stuff" can cause us to forget and neglect these two very fundamental necessities. And lest I forget it, the Word of the Lord. "Man shall not live by bread alone;but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge...." "Study to shew thyself approved unto God...."

*********************************************************************************

No comments: