Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Me and muh sistas!


My two sisters and two sisters-in-law and my niece, Bethany, went out for my sister Bev's birthday today. Her birthday is July 16. She will be 58. All five of us kids are in our fifties. Whew.....who would have thunk it? It is pretty neat though.
We went to the China Fortune restaurant in Nelsonville which is our favorite place to go for our birthday lunches. It is such a lovely little place, the food is excellent and the prices are right. I had Happy Family which is a conglomeration of 4 kinds of meat and assorted veggies in this to-die-for sauce and it is served on a hot sizzling platter! Oh, baby, oh baby. I brought half of it home for Ed because I just couldn't eat it all, if you can believe that! *smile* Well, I did have a heavenly egg roll and wonton soup, too. Bev ordered a plate of these delicious donut-like little cakes that they make. They are served warm and coated with sugar. Yum!! When our waitress learned that we were celebrating Bev's birthday, she brought out a plate of the most beautiful little desserts. She explained to us that they are served in China on birthdays and are a symbol of good health and prosperity. They are pictured here. We talked and ate and laughed and ate and......well, you get the picture!
I am now home and since Bev picked up some more yarn for me before coming down this morning, I am going to go crochet some more on the "afghan that will never end". I'll tell you more about that later!!

No comments: