Saturday, July 15, 2006

It is finished!

Tada! At its finished size it is 48" by 80". I made it too wide to begin with but Ed and I both can fit under it nicely, though not in this weather!! It will be nice this winter. I am thinking of taking it to the drycleaners to have it pressed and shaped. I don't know, though, I may not since I am keeping this one, but I will for the ones that I make to sell. I am going to buy some more yarn to day and get started on another one!! The plan right now is that I am going to make as many as I can by September. I am also going to make fringed fleece blankets in assorted college, are high school and NFL colors, along with afghans. I will then rent a booth in one of the area artisan malls where I will display my wares. *grin* I am going to make a sign for the booth that says: "I've Got You Covered" What do you think?? I am going to mix up the afghan patterns doing a shell pattern, ripple, and possibly broomstick. Those will all go faster than the one I made above because it is all double crochet. I'll keep you all posted!

3 comments:

MotherT said...

I LOVE IT!!! You did such a nice job! Let me know when you get your booth set up, I may come calling.

Jewel said...

Thank you, thank you, Theresa and Bethany...*bowing humbly* Bethany, you could make one yourself. Seriously, it is easy and I could show you how and since your are not working at the present time, you have the time! Whadaya think? And I will let you know when I set up shop, Theresa!

Jewel said...

I think you would enjoy it Bethany! We will have to get together soon,k???