Wednesday, May 17, 2006

A Momentous Occasion


At church, we have designated the third Wednesday of the month as Youth Night, meaning the youth will be in charge of the entire service. Tonight, Daniel will be speaking to the church for the first time in his young life. He called rather late last night with many questions about his lesson/message, so we went to our bibles over the phone and he talked himself through some things with me and I offered some ideas when they were asked for. Understandably, he is nervous, but I believe he will do a wonderful job. His father-in-law gave him some pointers Sunday afternoon as they were grilling out for Mother's Day. Daniel has been blessed with wonderful, godly in-laws and for that I am so thankful. I will let you know how things go, tomorrow. I have every confidence that he will do just fine. He has studied, prepared, prayed and fasted. Now he must trust the Lord to annoint and bless. It is a milestone for him. And for us, his parents. Amazing. Just amazing.

2 comments:

The Muffin said...

tell daniel i said good luck!! i had to talk in front of church onece. hopefully his experience is better than mine. lol

Anonymous said...

Give us a full update. I'm excited for him.