Monday, May 22, 2006

I survived......

....though barely. You see, Friday night we took our youth group to the Section 3 lock-in at Zanesville. It was at the Fieldhouse/Y. Bro. Bill Zink spoke to the youth and then it was every girl/boy/man/woman for himself for the next however many hours. 10pm-6am. There was volleyball, soccer, talent show, 3-on-3 basketball, swimming, roller-skating, pizza, pop, and awesome sweets to snack on. Amazingly, all of the soda offered was caffeine-free. Go figure. *grin* Most of the night, Ed and I spent watching the basketball tournament. Our guys placed second and each got a very nice trophy. I drove us all home and it was indeed a quiet trip back. We got into bed about 8:30am Saturday morning, after taking all of the kids home. I slept until noon and only woke up because the sun was shining into the house so brightly. So I got up, made some strong coffee, and sat on the back porch basking in the sun. It was so great to have such beautiful weather after so much rain. I laid back down for a couple of more hours but didn't really sleep too much. I didn't get out of my nightclothes all day. And Ed got sick. Oh, not because I didn't get out of my nightclothes all day.....lol. I mean, he was really sick. The all-over-aching kind of sick with a fever and chills. He is better today, thank you, Jesus. Seriously. He has been one sick puppy for the past two days, not to mention the effect of losing a night's sleep. I am still catching up on that one. I mean, we are 54 and 63. We aren't "youth" any more, but we love 'em anyway and will work with these wonderful kids as long as the Lord leads in that direction. Bro. Carpenter, from Coshocton came up to us at 5:30am Saturday morning and said he wanted to shake our hands. He couldn't believe how great we were doing. *smile* Bro. Cottrill (I'm not sure where he attends church) introduced himself to us and asked if we were staying all night and acted a little surprised when we said yes. *grin* It always amazes me how the Lord just helps us to do what we have to do for the youth, whether it is stay up all night at a lock-in or take them to King's Island or do a car wash or take them to a rally or conference. He is with us. Well, I feel the need for a nap coming on, so I am going to relent. I'll post again later!! Happy Monday!! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure all the youth appreciate everything you do for them. I can still remember everything that you did when I was a youth (soooo very long ago). Love, Becky