Wednesday, May 03, 2006

I made it.........

......through the election, that is. We were not overwhelmed with voters, as in a presidential election, but we were steadily busy. Thankfully, we did not run into any problems, for which I am so thankful. I am the presiding judge for our precinct and I have three of the best people working with me which makes my job sooooo much easier. First, there is Tina, my girlfriend, neighbor, and church family member. Secondly, Gene and Audrey, a retired couple who are just the greatest people you'd ever want to meet. Gene and I traded jokes and one-liners all day yesterday and he kept me informed of what time it was...*groan* and Audrey is just a sweetheart. She let me work in her word search book and I swear I must have done at least half of them. Unbelieveably, the time does go by quickly and that is saying something when you consider that you are in this small area for almost 15 hours straight. I do believe it has alot to do with the people you work with and of course, your own attitude. Well, let me tell you, I was sooooo sick yesterday but I couldn't just call off because I am a presiding judge and it does carry quite a bit of responsibility with it. But the ladies and Gene mothered me yesterday and watched over me, bless their hearts. You see Green #1 and Green #2 voting precincts are in the same building, so there were 7 of us ladies and Gene. They were all so kind to me. And then, my dear friend, Becky, came to my rescue with medicine!! That is Becky, a.k.a. Beautiful *wink*, up there in the picture to the left! Becky is an RN at Fairfield Medical Center and she is currently working towards her Master's degree. Thank you, thank you, Becky. I called her and asked if she had some Benadryl because I was pretty sure it was allergies. She came right on the double and even administered the medicine! How's that for service??? We all brought in food and we had some wonderful eats, but I just didn't feel like eating much. What tasted best to me was this Ribbon Jello dessert that Ethyline brought. A similar version of it is pictured here. Ethyline's was red, white and blue, though and she made it in a 9 x 13 dish. She brought it last year, too, and I raved about it so much she brought it again this year! It tasted so cool and light and refreshing. Anywayyyy....that is all for now. I am going to take another dose of medicine and crawl back into bed. I may post again later or possibly wait until tomorrow. Enjoy the beautiful weather for me,k????

No comments: