Saturday, October 11, 2008

This is just a short post to say that my recovery is just a little more difficult than I thought it would be. BUT I am getting better day by day. I think I may have overdone it an eensy bit yesterday....Friday....meaning I probably didn't rest enough and prop my leg and foot up.....so I ended up being completely worn-out last night when I went to be at about 10pm and thusly, didn't sleep or rest very well. Also, I now have a urinary tract infection that I am dealing with but I have an antibiotic as of this morning so this should be under control in no time. I've never had this kind of infection ever in my 56 years. Yuck....
Ed is still taking excellent care of me and friends and family have been wonderful to stay in touch and check on me and all.
Daniel and Erin are spending their first night in their new home next door TONIGHT!! They are so excited. Hopefully, I am going to be able to go over and see it tomorrow. Ed and I are going to endeavor to go to church in the morning and we'll go over to Daniel and Erin's afterward.
Hopefully, I'll have some pictures to post and share.
Oh, and it is also Elder Bro. Martin's 90th birthday tomorrow and they are having a carry-in dinner in honor of him after service in the morning. I'm hoping I'm up to all of this but if not, I know enough to limit myself and come home. I really do. But anywayyyyy.....I love birthday parties!!! *smile*
Goodnight to each of you and God bless!! ((HUGS))

5 comments:

Don Ryan said...

I hope you get to feeling better. Give my best to Elder Martin and wish him happy birthday from me.

We love you!

Anonymous said...

Jewel..........at least you are in recovery....and progress will be made...You are a trooper !! Please..please don`t overdue it ..Wish I wasn`t 60 miles away....
Luv Ya, Pat

Anonymous said...

I didn't realize it had been so long since I had clicked over! I am so sorry I didn't know about your surgery and missed the opportunity to pray about it. I hope and pray you continue to heal well and quickly with no complications.

MotherT said...

Please do NOT overdo, Friend!! Slow and easy is the key to a good recovery! ((HUGS)) and prayers!

Jewel said...

Hi Donnie....I surely will tell the Elder you send your wishes. He is such a sweetheart and a blessing to our church. Have a great time at conference! ((HUGS))

Hi Pat!....well, I don't know about being a trooper but I'm hanging in there...all parts of me! *grin*

Hi Barbara.....well, I've been keeping up with you! *smile* I enjoy your blog so much! AND I do covet your prayers still because I have another hip replacement coming up on Nov. 11...Veteran's Day!! *smile*

Hi Theresa....this is one time that I am really trying to behave and not overdo it. I know my body has taken quite a "hit" with this but I am getting to the place where I am getting a little bored. *feeble grin* BUT I will just have to have Ed do something to entertain me, hm? LOL