Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Halloween Candy and Thoughts


So, what was your favorite Halloween candy as a child or as a grown-up, for that matter. Like I said in the post below, I loved Sugar Babies, Sugar Daddies, Taffy, AND does anyone remember Milk Duds and Cowtails? I liked those, too. And if you have a Halloween memory you'd like to share, please do so in the comments. Another Halloween memory I have is of me, Debbie and Johnny going from house-to-house in Logan and we tired of WALKING up the sidewalk, then BACK down the sidewalk, so we started running across the lawns....for a short while, that is, because one of the yard-owners had put fine guage wire or string around his yard and we couldn't see it in the dark....ya think?.....we tripped over it, going thump, thump, thump all on top of Johnny! LOL Needless to say, we started walking BACK up the sidewalks. And, yes, our parents were following us in the car and Dad got out and after checking to make sure we were alright, reprimanded us for taking shortcuts and told us to stay on the sidewalks. *sigh* Okayyyyyyy, Dad. *smile*
If you'd like to take a trip down candy memory lane, just google "retro candy". You can actually buy gift boxes of candy by decade, like the 50's and 60's. Remember candy lips and those little parafin bottles with some kind of drink in them? *sigh* What memories!

4 comments:

MotherT said...

You and I are quite a bit alike in candy loves. I LOVE Sugar Babies, Sugar Daddy's and anything else caramel!!! (I've even been known to buy a bag of Kraft Caramels, and eat the whole thing!) Also, I will choose Milk Duds and Hershey's with Almonds. ;)

Anonymous said...

This post didn't remind me of candy, but did remind me of a toilet pappering incedent at Johnny's house. Jewel do you remember that? OMG I was so scared I thought I would pee my pants, and it was all you and Lisa Winter's fault! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Tony

Jewel said...

Yes, we ARE alot alike in regards to candy, Theresa! I love Hershey's with almonds, too. How about Mars Bars? Though they don't have nearly as many almonds now as they used, too. I believe I had an Almond Snickers one time. Snickers is my almost favorite candy bar!
Ohhhh, Tony....do I ever remember that night! Oh my word! I was scared to death. That was the first and the LAST time I ever attempted to TP someone! But it is a great memory, huh? LOL

Stace said...

We really don't do Halloween in Australia. Some people celebrate it, but mostly just by getting drunk :)