Friday, October 24, 2008

Bloggers are terrible writers???

Bro. Jordan, our Ohio UPC District Superintendent, had THIS POST at his blog, which I found very interesting and amusing. I realize there are correct procedures to writing BUT I choose to write the way I would talk in a normal conversation AND I've been told by family and friends that that is just the way they find my letters, emails and blog posts: they read the way I sound when I am talking! *smile* Soooo, it seems I have accomplished something, hm? AND I was on the English scholarship team all through high school. I was the top student on the team, so I do know a thing or two about grammar and such. But I like writing freestyle. The end.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've seen that list before -- a funny way to illustrate writing rules.

I do thinking of blogging as more "off the cuff" and conversational, but I think it has improved my genera; writing in helping e to be clearer. I still need to work on conciseness! Every "blog rule" I've read says to keep it short, but I tend to go long.