Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Ed had a birthday!!

My wonderful husband turned 66 this past Friday! Daniel and Erin baked him a yellow cake and with chocolate icing....his favorite......and brought it over. AND they were determined to put 66 candles on it! Oh, and they were the kind of candles that you blow out and they keeping lighting back up. He had a time!


This past Saturday, Ed and I went to Walmart to get a few groceries. We entered the side where the florist shop is and, lo and behold if it wasn't Sweetest Day. There were flowers everywhere. I hopped on a motorized shopping cart and went on my way and when we finally got home, Ed had gotten me a pretty bouquet of red carnations. He doesn't do flowers very often, so it was a sweet surprise.
Actuallyyyyyy, my dear husband has been known to mutter, on occasion...."I'd like to find the guy who came up with all of these days I'm supposed to remember and, and....."
But, through the years, I've discovered that it isn't the flowers or candy or gifts that truly express his love for me. It is the day-to-day, small, meaningful things that he does that shows me he truly cares for me. *sighhh* Happy Birthday, Bro. Honey! *smile* (Last Friday, Oct. 17)

5 comments:

MotherT said...

Happy be-lated Birthday, Ed!!!! Glad you all had so much fun!

Jewel said...

We did have fun! The kids came over and Daniel fixed burgers and Erin brought their new ferret, Duke, over to meet us!

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

I hope he had a great birthday. Those candles are alot of fun. I put some on Becky's cake at Sunday School.

Jewel said...

Thanks, sir, he did have a happy birthday, though we tend to keep it kinda low-key around here. Well, especially since I am a bit handicapped for the time-being. *smile* Yes, we had some fun with him and those candles!! LOL

Anonymous said...

A much-belated happy birthday to Ed!