Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Still counting my blessings

Yesterday evening, my good friend and prayer partner, Sis. Pam, and I travelled to Mt. Vernon where IBC's chorale was singing in the evening service. I have a special connection to the church because Pastor Duane Kramer was my youth pastor under Bro. Leaman, when I first came into the church.




Back then, Wednesday was my day off at work, and I would go to the church in the morning and do any tasks that Bro. Kramer needed help with. I just wanted to be around the church and the people of God. My reward for doing this was that Bro. Kramer answered all of the million-and-one questions I had about God and the Bible. You see, I didn't know anything about God or the Bible or anything when I came into the church. I didn't even know about the Holy Ghost and still God so graciously and miracously filled me with His Spirit when I repented that first night. Bro. and Sis. Kramer would have me over to their home for lunch and if there wasn't anything for me to do at the church, Sis. Kramer and I would go to the library or the park. Well, last night at church in Mt. Vernon, I made sure I got a picture of me and Pastor Kramer. And, again, I never fail to thank him for the time he spent in teaching me and helping to become grounded in the word and things of the Lord.


I also got to see and visit with Sis. Serena Edwards. She was my star piano student a few years ago and I was her first "apostolic" piano teacher. She is now a student at IBC. Oh, and she passed me by a long time ago as far as her abilities on the piano goes. The girl can just flat tear it up now! *smile* She is a sweetheart! Oh, and she is single, too. ;-) I cannot say enough good things about this young woman. She is sold out to God and is such an inspiration to everyone who knows her or has the privilege of meeting her.

And last, but certainly not least by ANY means, I got to see BECKY, my adopted grand-daughter!! She sat with me in service last night and we talked when we were able to and caught up on a few things that are going on in her life.





I also got to see Bro. Donnie Ryan and his sweet family, Bro. Don Ryan, Bro. and Sis. Sheets, Sis. Jana, Sis. Theresa and so many others that I hadn't seen for so long. It was a real treat! Again, I must say that I am so blessed to have so many wonderful, godly people in my life. There is no greater treasure in this life.

"A faithful friend is the medicine of life."

5 comments:

MotherT said...

It was SOOOOOO good to see you last night!!! I'm sorry that we didn't really get to talk, but maybe soon...

Wasn't that a fabulous service! It was wonderful having the IBC kids with us, AND we got to take 4 of the guys home! What a great time!

The Muffin said...

I look like a goober in that picture. lol.

Anyway, it was soooooooo great to see you!!!

And, I didn't get to say one word to the two guys who stayed at my house. Bummer.i

Jewel said...

Hey, Theresa and Becky! Yes, it was great to see you two, too. *grin* Sorry to hear you didn't get to "fellowship" with the young men who stayed at your house. But it might have been for the best, hm? Anywayyy....it was great to see ya!
Did either of you get to go down to the square and see the chorale perform there?
Oh and you don't either look like a goober, you silly girl!!!

Jewel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Sis Jewel it was good to see you as well. I miss the Mt Vernon church so it was a little homecoming for me also..some really great people there...you did know that we are now in Jackson with the Triona's right? Sis. Triona thinks you walk on water!! LOL She appreciates the time you spent with her over piano talks....anyhoo, I love you and hope to see you more since we are down here now....I will be taking over a office in Nelsonville. So, I will be very close to you...we should do luch sometime!!?!? Love ya
Jana