Friday, May 04, 2007

My apologies.....

.....for ending my last post so abruptly BUT I was having so much trouble uploading pictures and so on, that I just finally got aggravated and logged off last night! *feeble grin*


But here I am once again. We got home at about 7:30pm Tuesday evening and I was worn slap out. Thusly, I was in bed by 9:30. *grin* Of course, my sister Debbie called me EARLY the next morning because she has not been feeling well. You see, they have a new head doctor at Tri-County Mental Health (no pun intended by saying he is the HEAD doctor *smile*). Everytime a new doctor takes over, they think they have to start adjusting and changing everyone's medicines and it never fails to mess Debbie up for a while. She was really not doing well last night and we thought she was going to have to be taken to the state hospital in Athens for a few days, but they had her double up on one of her meds and today she was back to her normal self....thankfully! I have been on the phone with her continuously the past two to three days, trying to help her, encourage her and pray with her. I stopped by this afternoon to check on her and, sure enough, she was her old self again. I am so thankful that she is better, especially with the weekend being here.


ANDDDDDD since arriving home from our 2-day excursion, I have been paying the price in pain, let me tell you. BUT.....I'd go again tomorrow if anyone wanted to! *feeble grin* Well, I just can't stay home and do nothing. I have to keep moving and pushing and doing what I can or I will just shrivel up and die! Okay...well, maybe not die but shrivel up...yes. *smile* And that is exactly what Dr. Gedeon told me today: Enjoy life as much as you can, Mrs. Cavinee (makes me feel sooo old, him calling me Mrs. Cavinee, and patting me on the shoulder :-/) and keep a postive attitude. And I do try but the past three days have been pretttttty rough, to the point that just walking has been a real trick. BUT, I have managed, while also taking time to rest in between and so on. I just don't know what I would do without my patient and kind husband. He is so helpful to me and understanding.


I am still just so amazed at the treatment I get at Dr. Gedeon's for $20!!! Today, they put me on the heated water massage table for twenty minutes. I could live on that table. I do almost go to sleep on it sometimes, if you can believe that. I want one! *smile* Then Diana, the massage therapist, works on me for about 20-30 minutes. She is AMAZING! Next, Dr. Gedeon does adjustments and so on for approximately 15-20 minutes, sometimes a little longer. Can you believe that? For $20!!! I am so thankful for their care and kindness and I never cease to thank them each visit. I am going to try going twice a week beginning Monday and see if it helps a little more in reducing my pain and so on. I have been more than a little concerned about the difficulty that I've been having with walking. This girl was made for walkin', I tell ya! I'll keep you posted!


Here are a few more pictures of our Kentucky trip to Butcher Holler:
Ed just had to take a picture of me cripping up the steps:


And this is me and Sis. Martin swinging on the front porch as we waited for Mr. Webb to arrive. There is just nothing like swinging on the front porch with a cool breeze blowing.

3 comments:

Gene Holley said...

Wow! That $20 visit to the Doctor sounds amazing. How about 5 times a week? I took my son to the emergency room this week for 10 minutes with the doctor (stitches) and it was $175! Of course I was there waiting for about 2.5 hours. Glad you had such a great time on your trip.

Anonymous said...

$20 dollars for a full massage, Stace would be in heaven, she would proabably never leave the doctors.

Most physio i have had has been a Painful experience, resulting in bruising and bones craking.

It looks like a beautiful trip, making me want to travel again. It really is the people you meet that makes it all the more special. Not to mention the company you travel with.

" No road is long if the company is good"


By the way, which denomination are you, if you dont mind me asking...
I am baptised, anglican, (and AOG), educated in the Catholic school system, and attended many baptist services when i was young while mum and dad looked for the church which suited. I have had a bit of christainity crash course:)

Stace said...

Aidan - Got $20 I can borrow?!