Wednesday, May 09, 2007

I am so blessed

This past Sunday, I had the privilege of spending time with some wonderful people who have had such a profound effect on my life.

First, Bro. David and Sis. Kathy Brott were in service with us on Sunday. He taught and preached both AM and PM services and it was wonderful. He was our pastor here in Logan for several years, I believe it was in the late '70's, early 80's. I was single at the time and spent alot of time with them, helping with the children and helping Sis. Brott with their home when needed. She and I also took piano lessons together from Bro. Dan Dean when he was at New Life Christian Center under Bro. Roam's pastorate. Wow.....so many memories through the years.

After being missionaries to the Philippines for many years, they now make their home in Omaha, Nebraska where their parents and children reside. Bro. and Sis. Brott now travel doing deputational work for missionaries in that they go to district conferences and endeavor to raise money for special projects that the missionaries have in their respective countries. By doing this, the missionaries are able to go back to their fields of labor once they have gotten enough PIM's to support them.

On Sunday afternoon, I went to New Life Christian Center where they were celebrating the church's 75th anniversary with many special speakers and an afternoon banquet. It was here that I was able to spend some time with my first pastor and his wife, Bro. and Sis. Jack Leaman. These dear people poured themselves into me when I first gave my heart to the Lord. I believe 62 people were added to the church in the revival in which I received the Holy Ghost. Bro. Lee Stoneking was the evangelist. The revival lasted for six weeks. Bro. Leaman made sure that we had new converts classes and were grounded in the word and the things of the Lord. It is because of their care for me that I am still walking with the Lord today. They laid such a firm foundation for me and I've never forgotten it or failed to thank them to this day for their loving care of me and so many others that came to know the Lord under their leadership.

On Sunday afternoon, I also spent time with my sister, Bev, and her family, as I sat with them at the banquet. Bev has always been an example of steadfastness to me. She is unwavering in her faith and walk with the Lord. Here we are as she helped me to my car. I'm on the left, if you can't tell. *grin* Oh, and everyone thinks we are twins but we aren't. She is three years older than me and I do have a twin brother and we don't look alike. *smile*

So now you see and know why I say: "I am blessed, I am blessed, every day that I live, I am blessed."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Family and Friends are so important, money/ possessions are nice, but life means nothing without the people around you. It sounds like you have an amazing support network, and are very grateful for it:)

Jewel said...

Hi Aidan....as I've gotten older and especially since I've been dealing with some health issues, my friends and family mean more than ever. You are definitely right when you say there is nothing material that we could possibly possess that could equal the value of family and friends and a wonderful spouse, like we've been blessed with,hm?