Monday, August 31, 2009

Oh, What A Beautiful Day!

I have been energized all day! It's because of the wonderful temperatures. We had 45 this morning and 72 for the better part of the afternoon AND sunshine.

I did some extra cleaning in our bedroom and bathroom while Jaylon napped this morning. He slept for most of the morning, finally waking up at 11:oo. He is such a joy to care for! My, my.....

Here is a picture of Jaylon flashing is toofers!
And this is Jaylon and his mommy this evening when she came to get him after work!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Anywayyyyy.....*smile*......a friend on FB commented about how she was making chili today and that got me in the mood for chili, so I made a 'licious pot and also fixed grilled cheese sandwiches to go along with it. Well, Ed had grilled cheese sandwiches but not me. It's just a tad too fattening but I still super-enjoyed the chili. Yum! I had a slice of wheat bread scantily buttered! (It will be worth it...it will be worth it....it will be worth....)


We had a chili cook-off at church a couple of years ago and if there is one thing I learned it is that EVERYONE has their own idea of what chili should be or is. We had 14 entries and they all were so different. Mine is pretty basic: lean ground beef, onions, S&P, chili powder, kidney beans, stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, tomato juice AND several drops of Liquid Smoke. Oh, and just a bit of brown sugar, maybe two teaspoons. I adjust the seasonings until I get it the way I want it! *smile* I like my chili kind of a medium consistency...not too thick, but not too soupy either.
How do you like your chili? What are the ingredients that you like in yours?

What is it about a nip in the air that makes a person hanker for some good chili? *smile*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tomorrow is weigh-in day for me here but I've already weighed myself for the week and I am stuck on having lost 13lbs. but I really would like to lose the last 7lbs to reach 20lbs. total lost, sooooo I am endeavoring to do so over the next two weeks. Very sensible, hm? *grin* No eating after five o'clock. Keeping my portion sizes down. Drinking more water and moving more.

BUT I loooove to eat in the evening! We got home from church last night at about 8:30pm and I wanted to eat. Nooooo, I wasn't hungry. I just wanted to eat because I like food and enjoy the taste of it and....well, you get the idea. :-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I hope you've enjoyed this beautiful Monday.
Please join with me in praying that somehow they will be able to get the fires in California under control.

2 comments:

Liz said...

I like to make mine more spaghetti sauce like - plenty of tomato sauce instead of water. I just figured out how good stuff can be when you use something else instead of water!
And how old is Jaylon now? He sure has a mouthful of teeth. :)

Jewel said...

Hi Mrs.Lemon! I put a little water in my chili when I warm it up but that is all!
Jaylon is 8 months and a week! And he is chewin' on everything!! :-) He hasn't bitten anyone yet, thankfully, though he does chew on my clothes sometimes and his clothes and anyone else's clothes he can get in his mouth!! :-)
He has four teeth on top and three on the bottom and surely more must be coming because he is drooling non-stop! :-)