Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Like mother, like son

So a couple of weeks ago, Daniel, Erin and Jaylon accompanied their youth group, as chaperones, to North American Youth Congress which was in Nashville this year.
Well, during the five days they were gone, the ONLY time Daniel called me was to tell me what an awesome breakfast he had that morning at Cracker Barrel, which is one of our favorite places to eat! He called me about FOOD! Is he my son or what??? LOL Oh my. We do so love our food. *sigh* If I remember correctly, he said that for $8.59 he got three eggs, hash browns, two biscuits and gravy, bacon, cinnamon apples, grits, and toast! I asked him if he ate it all himself and I believe he said that Erin ate the cinnamon apples and something else.
Yep, that's my boy!! A foodie!! :-)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Little Jaylon must be cutting some more teeth because he has been pretty clingy the past couple of days, has been slobbering alot and chewing, hasn't wanted his baby food and has been sleeping more than usual, plus he feels warm to the touch though he isn't registering a noticeable fever. Poor little guy. But grandma doesn't mind holding him and rocking him.
Those old "toofers" can make a little guy feel pretty rough sometimes.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Jaylon isn't crawling yet, though he does get "around" and I do mean around. He is all over the floor! :-) Going in circles and turning over and over and over. He'll get the hang of crawling before long!
AND he has his own little jabber-talk going on, though he isn't saying any definite words. ALTHOUGH, a couple of times last week, I thought I heard him say "da-da" almost in a whisper-like. I think he's holding out on us because he KNOWS how much we want to hear him say "da-da" and "mama"!
I remember when Daniel first started talking. He said Da-da first and just went around saying da-da all of the time and everywhere!! Grrr! BUT in the middle of the night he would wake up and say "Ma-maaaaa"......of course! He never said Da-da in the middle of the night. Oh no. I didn't think he would EVER say Ma-ma for others to hear, but he did...eventually! :-) Oh, and I can still remember the sweet sound of it! Ma-ma! It was sooo adorable!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
AND finally.....we took Jaylon to Walmart yesterday to have his picture taken. They turned out great! We had the photographer make a "collage" of five of the photos and on the way home Ed and I were talking, when he said that he really liked that "entourage" that she made of the photos. WHAT!?!?! You mean "collage", Ed!!!! Oh, well, whatever, yeah, I really liked it! :-)

2 comments:

Sir Nottaguy-Imadad said...

I think Cracker Barrel is one of my favorite place to eat because they have "home cookin" food that isn't all gussed up with lots of wierd things.
It's amazing how fast a baby learns something new.

Jewel said...

Yes, it has always been one of my faves, Sir! AND I looooove the gift shop!! :-) I don't know that I have a favorite dish there because it is ALL delish!!!
It IS truly a miracle how quickly they develop new skills. Like now...he can just pick up anything he wants! AND put it directly into his mouth! :-0 LOL