Sunday, December 07, 2008

ANOTHER recipe!

Erin and little Jaylon's baby shower was this past Friday night (I'll post pictures later!). Erin's mother prepared a wonderful buffet table of food. One of the desserts was a white cake with white topping and toasted coconut. I thought it looked okay but not being a big dessert fan, I passed it by. Later, while Erin was opening her presents, I thought I would have a piece of this cake with a cup of coffee. Well....let me tell you.....this cake was scrumptiously delicious! It was rather surprising. I thought I was just going to get a piece of white cake with coconut on top but it was so much better than that! So I asked for the recipe and Erin's grandmother had made it. Enough said! She is a wonderful cook. So, here is the recipe and I plan to make it for our ladies' Christmas party at church which is on Tuesday night.

White Coconut Cake

1 White Cake Mix/ Prepared as directed in 9x13 pan or dish
1 can of sweetened condensed milk
1 cup of coconut milk
1 container of Cool Whip
Toasted coconut

Bake the cake as directed. Mix together the condensed milk and coconut milk. Pour over the cake while it is still warm. Refrigerate the cake till cool. Top with Cool Whip and coconut. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
The two milks poured over the cake end up making a luscious gooey layer on the bottom of the cake. It is wonderful!

3 comments:

Denise said...

Sounds good dear.

Mr. and Mrs. Nurse Boy said...

Yum! This sounds so good! Yet another recipe I plan to try! Thanks!

Mrs. Nurse Boy

Jewel said...

Hi girls...do you realize that if we try AND eat all of these recipes....wellll...a weight loss program might be on the agenda on the new year horizon???? At least for me, it will! Argh!!! LOL