Thursday, January 25, 2007

Yes, you guessed it.......


......I am coming to you from our local library, my former place of employment and what a great job it was. Oh, it wasn't without the usual little nitpicky annoyances that come with any job, but it was the perfect job for me, as I love people and love books. I thought I would be working there for the rest of my life, because I loved it so much, but life has a way of changing, hm? *smile* We just never know how things are really going to go, but I am so thankful that I can trust the Lord to lead me along the right path for my life. I was thinking this morning about where I was and how I was doing physically a year ago and I am happy to tell you that I AM better physically. Last year at this time, I was almost bedridden. I couldn't to the laundry or dishes or run the sweeper. My dear husband was doing all of this, plus his part-time job. (He is retired and now working part-time.) And he never complained. Not once. He only encouraged me and prayed for me and helped me. And now, a year later, I am able to do these things once again. I am still limited. I can't "run with a troop or leap over a wall" but, okay, for real now, are those really necessary? *smile* I thought not.
I have been helping the young people at church get ready for Mid-Winter Youth Retreat: Getting all of the forms together, knowing when to be at the church, knowing how much money they need, how much luggage they can take (it's just one night, for goodness' sake! LOL) They are so excited, of course! I remember when I used to be so excited about Mid-Winter and excited about taking them! This is the second year that they will be going with Nelsonville UPC's youth group. Thank you, Bro. Jeremy and Sis. Melinda Edwards for taking on this responsibility and challenge. Oh, and Bro. Chad, too! I will be at the church tomorrow afternoon when they leave, to bid them farewell and good times!
As for my computer: It is still in the shop. But, you know what? I haven't missed it nearly as much as I thought I would. Hmmmm.....it has really surprised me. But as I get older, I find that I adapt to situations and things that happen so much easier than I used to. I used to get so frustrated when things didn't go a certain way or if something changed from the way it had always been. Life goes on and change does happen and we must learn adapt or be eternally frustrated. "................for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content." Phil. 4:11
I was on my way to Lancaster Tuesday afternoon and I was missing the boy (Daniel). *grin* I checked the time and knew that he was in between classes, so I gave him a call just to hear his voice. ( I know, I know. I am really pitiful. Help me out here, mothers. *feeble grin*) Anywayyyy.....he answered and I said hello and he said that he didn't have much time to talk as he was heading to his next and last class of the day. I thought: Well, why couldn't he talk to me on the way? And the answer I came up with was: Because he probably wanted to listen to music instead or just didn't feel like talking or doesn't miss me like I miss him or.......so, once again, I chose to make the adjustment and I let him go and went on with my day.
BUTTTTT.....that night at a few minutes past ten, the phone rang. I was in bed reading, so I didn't get up to answer it and just who do think it was??? Daniel! And he actually left a message, asking me to call him. Of course, I immediately thought he needed something or something must be wrong, but no. Do you know what he wanted? You'll never guess, so I'll tell you. *smile* He wanted to talk about the President's State of the Union Address. Can you believe it? I was so impressed and proud of him! So we talked for about twenty minutes about the address and school and work and how things were going with him and Erin. I was so proud of him for watching the President because I do feel that things like this are important. I can remember us watching and listening to the President before when he was still at home and I would talk to him about politics and take him to the polls with me when I voted and tell him how important it is for him to vote when he becomes old enough and talk about important issues affecting us, our country or the world. After we hung up, I took time to thank the Lord for Daniel calling me. I had wanted to talk to him so much and I can't help but think that the Lord nudged his heart a little in urging him to call me. The Lord does care about the little things....especially a mother's heart, I believe. "Casting all your care upon him; for he careth for you." I Peter 5:7
Well, I need to be on my way so I can finish some errands. Then it is home to put the finishing touches on songs for choir practice tonight and fixing supper!

No comments: