Friday, January 05, 2007

An update on Erin

We finally got a call from Daniel yesterday evening telling us that he and his mother-in-law were taking Erin to the emergency room as she was still in so much pain, so I joined them at the hospital. Ed had already made two trips to Athens and was so weary, so I told him that he could stay home and I would go. When I arrived, poor Erin was in so much pain. I felt so sorry for her. After about four hours, tests and a cat scan, they discovered that she had a kidney stone. She was pretty loopy by this time and feeling PRETTYYY good as they had given her pain medicine. *smile* She was back to her old self when we arrived back at their house at about 10pm and Daniel just had to show me some comedy video that he had downloaded and it was hilarious. I can't remember the young comedian's name, but he is hispanic and his humor is decent....thankfully. I love stand-up comedy but you can seldom find any worth listening to. This young man is a hoot. He can do so many different voices and sounds. We had alot of raucous laughs!! And Erin had pain medication and some other things that the hospital gave her, so she is going to be alright....in Jesus' name!
It was good to spend time talking with Bro. and Sis. Dunnells and Brian, Erin's brother as we waited for results on Erin. I am so thankful for them for they love Daniel like a son and they are so good to include Ed and I in family get-togethers and church activities, though we go to a different church but isn't this how it should be? I've always prayed that when Daniel got married that it would be like this and truly the Lord has been so good to answer just as I prayed. He is so faithful and mindful of us. What a personal, caring God He is!

1 comment:

Gene Holley said...

It is such a blessing to have a God to go to! There's a song we used to sing, "I don't know what I'd do without the Lord" and I really don't know what I would do. God bless. Our prayers continue to be with you.